+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup (2019-2020)

Unusual FA Cup 5th round scheduling

I must have missed the announcement but this season's fifth-round ties are all being played in midweek, with all eight ties to be decided on the night commencing next Monday. I can't recall this happening before

Monday - The tie featuring League One Portsmouth, the lowest ranked club left in the competition, at home to record 13-time winners Arsenal, will be shown on BT Sport on 2 March (19:45).

Tuesday - BBC One - Chelsea against Liverpool on 3 March (19:45 GMT) .

Wednesday - The FA Cup sixth-round draw will follow the match also on BBC between Sheffield Wednesday and Premier League champions City on 4 March (19:45).

Never mind any of you neo liberal BBC hating political types, that's got to be worth the license fee alone. Comedy gold.

Thursday - BT Sport will also show Derby County at home to Manchester United on 5 March (19:45), a tie which could see the Rams' Wayne Rooney face his old club.

If ties are level after 90 minutes, extra time and penalties will determine who goes through.

The FA Cup final takes place at Wembley on 23 May.

Suppose I better bump this as the 'forgotten' competition is going on at the moment. In case you've lost the plot, Derby County are the team we are following, at least for a couple more days until the curse strikes.

Semi Ajayi not playing or on bench
    Wba vs Newcastle on BBC i player
    Last edited by flourbasher; 03-03-2020 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Semi Ajayi not playing or on bench
    Wba vs Newcastle on BBC i player
    Just shows how the competition is disrespected these days. Even Pompey couldn't be bothered to put out their 1st XI against Arsenal.

Great, Glen Johnson and Ian Wright together, neither of whom can pronounce "th", I fink verefore I am.

Then there's "Big Al" with his use of the "boys done well" footballers' tense.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Great, Glen Johnson and Ian Wright together, neither of whom can pronounce "th", I fink verefore I am.

Then there's "Big Al" with his use of the "boys done well" footballers' tense.
    In the beginning by the moody blues.

The FA Cup quarter final draw:

Sheff Utd v A.rsenal
    Newcastle Utd v Man city
    Spurs/Norwich v Derby/Man Utd
    Leicester v Chelsea

Update:

Sheff Utd v A.rsenal
    Newcastle Utd v Man city
    Norwich v Derby/Man Utd
    Leicester v Chelsea
    Last edited by great_fire; 04-03-2020 at 10:34 PM.

So whoever we end up following after tomorrow nights game, whether it be Derby or Man U, will be heading down to Naaridge for the Q Finals and will be up against Delia's "Where are you?" rally cry. Saw a documentary on them recently and must admit I like her as a football 'Chairperson' much more than most of those in the game at the top level.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast