+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: “Dinna Bring an Arab Hame Tae Me”

Terry - no such thing as positive discrimination. Its discrimination - pure and simple. Now prevalent across most organisations where quotas for BME and female (trans will be next) that you must meet. Is it required to address decades of discrimination - I dont know if its the answer tbh - i would have hoped everyone was treated fair but that maybe a pipe dream. what i do realise is i cant really talk about discrimination as ive seen so little of it - apart from the "positive" discrimination mentioned here in big companies. I left large banks last year for good and i love the fact i have a smaller company where the PC nonsense we have no time for. Its so refreshing. 20 new appointments in last few months - 12 female, (and this is a high tech company but they were the best folk for the job - we didnt set out to employ females only for any role). Out of these 2 are BME, which given they were the only candidates of BME they got the job on merit not race (wouldnt happen in a big bank now - hey and funny would you like to get a job based on colour not ability? I wouldnt and i know of no one who would). Another story from my company now is that we have let go 5 people because of poor performance, given them packages and shook hands to say it just didnt work out. 1 was black, 1 was japanese, 1 was a white male and 2 females. I categorically can say my previous job we would not be allowed to do that so we would have to contend with poor performers based on race and gender and they would live a miserable life trying to do a job they cant but try to their best ability. we did them a favour as much as ourselves. Its refreshing because we did the right thing and treated them well during a rather stressful and frankly unwanted process. Putting quotas, rules and pressure wont change anything in my view - it makes it worse for everyone. Again maybe im a dreamer but would it be great if this could happen throughout country. I do think we need to look at inequality - most of which i see in government tbh - but tckle this culturally. Clearly we have failed and maybe it will always fail. Arabdoonsouth has seen it first hand by sound of it and i believe him - i just cant talk about solutions as it seems so far away from what i experience in scotland. I am maybe sheltered. Anyway such a contentious subject that i understand very little of apart from my want of a fair society for all. SRYB

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Would you then, be happy for Utd (whenever Robbie leaves) to allow applications from black managers only in order to try and make things 'more equal'?

nope - entirely the wrong and laziest way possible to tackle it - IMO if it is such a big problem with lots of black wanna be managers not getting interviews create a database and push this to clubs - maybe there are gems there. But never should a problem be solved by creating another one.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Speaking oh pehs, i had a Baynes peh for the first time last week and it was on par wi Nichols, outstanding!

the pehs on west coast are crap by comparison mmmmm

The exception being the Killie peh mate, eh, yer right, west coast 'scotch pie' are crap. sadly

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Another story from my company now is that we have let go 5 people because of poor performance, given them packages and shook hands to say it just didnt work out. 1 was black, 1 was japanese, 1 was a white male and 2 females. I categorically can say my previous job we would not be allowed to do that so we would have to contend with poor performers based on race and gender and they would live a miserable life trying to do a job they cant but try to their best ability. we did them a favour as much as ourselves. Its refreshing because we did the right thing and treated them well during a rather stressful and frankly unwanted process. Putting quotas, rules and pressure wont change anything in my view - it makes it worse for everyone. Again maybe im a dreamer but would it be great if this could happen throughout country. I do think we need to look at inequality - most of which i see in government tbh - but tckle this culturally. Clearly we have failed and maybe it will always fail. Arabdoonsouth has seen it first hand by sound of it and i believe him - i just cant talk about solutions as it seems so far away from what i experience in scotland. I am maybe sheltered. Anyway such a contentious subject that i understand very little of apart from my want of a fair society for all. SRYB
    Just on this mate, if we have poor performers we're kinda stuck with them until a pay off is coming, the new thing is 'coaching' we need to coach them. Even though some dont give two f ucks and dont want the coaching these people, male and female are to get coaching, we cant just replace them with people who are more competent and actually want the job, the unions have been instrumental in all this, the amount of issues we've had with unions has been nothing short of f ucking painful, im all for workers right and protection but if you employ some chunt whos not interested and f cuking hopeless its hard going, its not doing anyone any favours like you say.

Just on this mate, if we have poor performers we're kinda stuck with them until a pay off is coming, the new thing is 'coaching' we need to coach them. Even though some dont give two f ucks and dont want the coaching these people, male and female are to get coaching, we cant just replace them with people who are more competent and actually want the job, the unions have been instrumental in all this, the amount of issues we've had with unions has been nothing short of f ucking painful, im all for workers right and protection but if you employ some chunt whos not interested and f cuking hopeless its hard going, its not doing anyone any favours like you say.
    Yes we do coaching and mentoring but in a small company its clear when its not going to work, although we offered alternative roles too. In banks the real issue is women must be promoted ahead of men. Thats a fact written in HR policy. I am sure its illegal but who cares. I got to exec level and indeed my boss was a woman and a bloody great boss when we got taken over it became a man and he was ****. So all worked out for me my boss now is the most non PC person in world and i am continually stopping him. He ownes the company but is a genius as well. Crypto currency and financial exchange cloud solutions across world but without the pish i dealt with for 25 years. I hear your pain and thats just underperformers nothing to do with creed or gender. Ken what when all this is over and we can watch games im going to buy you and GB a pint one day.

The exception being the Killie peh mate, eh, yer right, west coast 'scotch pie' are crap. sadly

ive never tried those and live near ground so will do next season hopefully. I ****ing miss butteries and all

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Yes we do coaching and mentoring but in a small company its clear when its not going to work, although we offered alternative roles too. In banks the real issue is women must be promoted ahead of men. Thats a fact written in HR policy. I am sure its illegal but who cares. I got to exec level and indeed my boss was a woman and a bloody great boss when we got taken over it became a man and he was ****. So all worked out for me my boss now is the most non PC person in world and i am continually stopping him. He ownes the company but is a genius as well. Crypto currency and financial exchange cloud solutions across world but without the pish i dealt with for 25 years. I hear your pain and thats just underperformers nothing to do with creed or gender. Ken what when all this is over and we can watch games im going to buy you and GB a pint one day.
    Oor Senior VP and Europe and UK regional managers are weemin and they're both good, although the SVP doesn't like me cos i stood on her in Korea whilst eating pizza, lang story!

Pop into the snug or frews mate i'll be there! Gladly hae a pint wi you!

Oor Senior VP and Europe and UK regional managers are weemin and they're both good, although the SVP doesn't like me cos i stood on her in Korea whilst eating pizza, lang story!
    Wtf? 😂😂😂😂

I clearly remember the outcry from Glasgow Rangers(RIP)fans when Mark Walters was racially abused.They were 100% correct in their assertions of course but it did remind we of a UEFA cup game at Ibrox a few years earlier when they cheered as a bunch of banana's landed at the feet of a black opposition player.

The incident was shown on the highlights and was in the papers the following day.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)