+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Eastleigh 12.11.22 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I was never convinced by Burchnall really and by no means disappointed when he walked out, but…

I do think it’s fair to say that Williams’ job has been made easier by inheriting a team that was good at playing the way he wants with the ball, in a similar shape. LW has taken us to the next level by transforming what we do without the ball and improving our mentality massively, but he’s built on what we did last season rather than ripped it up.
    LW's job was made easier by the owners' commitment to continuing with an approach that they've wanted to see play. He wouldn't have been appointed if he had a radically different view on how Notts should play. So it's more a case of the team inheriting a manager with the same vision if you get what I mean.

Clearly the Reedtz brothers are constantly improving their approach rather than the frantic chaos that recent previous owners created when their targets weren't immediately met. Of course there is an element of luck involved but I'm sure they cover themselves for that eventuality. We seem to be building a solid platform reminiscent of the Sirrel/Dunnett days.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I was never convinced by Burchnall really and by no means disappointed when he walked out, but…

I do think it’s fair to say that Williams’ job has been made easier by inheriting a team that was good at playing the way he wants with the ball, in a similar shape. LW has taken us to the next level by transforming what we do without the ball and improving our mentality massively, but he’s built on what we did last season rather than ripped it up.
    This ^

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    LW's job was made easier by the owners' commitment to continuing with an approach that they've wanted to see play. He wouldn't have been appointed if he had a radically different view on how Notts should play. So it's more a case of the team inheriting a manager with the same vision if you get what I mean.

Clearly the Reedtz brothers are constantly improving their approach rather than the frantic chaos that recent previous owners created when their targets weren't immediately met. Of course there is an element of luck involved but I'm sure they cover themselves for that eventuality. We seem to be building a solid platform reminiscent of the Sirrel/Dunnett days.
    Yes, definitely. It’s the way a club should be run, they’ve done brilliantly to find a guy who has basically managed to keep all of the good bits of IB’s Notts while dealing pretty effectively with all of the bad bits.

Exactly. It's a process. The club are applying a medium/long term approach which follows a similar consistent path. It is indeed the way a club should be run IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Are you sure about that? Everyone?

Sorry to doubt you durham but after you got took in by the whole Kim Engström as next manager thing, I was just hoping it's not from the source.

Players and managers get poached, headhunted, tapped up all the time.

We've moved on, we've clearly upgraded, we don't need to look back now. We're top of the league and loving football.

I didn't see the comments from their owner well before the Grimsby game, could you copy and paste them or send me a link so I can catch up.

Ta
    Here you go Laddo, Forest Green is closing in on a new manager, according to chairman Dale Vince.

Speaking on his weekly Zerocarbonista podcast, he told broadcaster Ian Collins that Rovers have identified the man to replace Rob Edwards, who quit the League Two champions, joining Watford last week: “We have identified the person we would like to offer the job to and are waiting for permission from his club to talk to him.

Thank you durham.

Ok. So he didn't name the manager or club in the podcast. Good

They asked for permission from Notts County FC to speak to him according to that. Good

The article was from the 20th May , that's just 3 days before the Grimsby match. So not "well before" but undoubtedly the timing was poor and lacking class. Bad

Final score
    Good 2 v 1 Bad

So, would you offer a job to someone that you have not already spoken to?

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    So, would you offer a job to someone that you have not already spoken to?
    You mean would I wish to interview them? Yes, just in case they have a good powerpoint presentation. Perhaps Mr Vince had been keeping tabs on IB for some time and was so convinced from the results, performanes and style of play he believed that his profile fitted FGR and their footballing philosophy once his manager had been poached. His mind was already made up, or maybe they met in a rural pub on the outskirts of Stratford Upon Avon in the merry month of May to ask would he be interested before contacting Notts.

So did you know about the alleged approach well before the Zerocarbonista podcast on or around the 20th May?

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021