+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Wrexham AFC 17.02.24 [EFL L2]

A lot of comparisons with the Mansfield game, but I thought we were far better today. Similar problems in the boxes as we’ve had all season against the top clubs, but I thought we were more dangerous, especially first half, and defended better than we’ve done previously.

Obviously a disgraceful decision for the goal, but what can you do, Wrexham always get those decisions. Like Mansfield their manager gets into ref’s heads.

Why our performances consistently get worse as matches progress is a problem Maynard really needs to get to the bottom of, sooner rather than later.

Tried in vein to get the stream today but watched the highlights.
    Macca missed an absolute sitter to put us 1-0 up
    Cameron’s attempt to cut out the second was abysmal, slow and even turned his back and almost ducked.
    Nemane was definitely playing right back first half

Small margins but I honestly feel we’re going to turn these results around.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We didnt play with a back 4. We had Nemane at wingback again, and he was crap..
    We played with a back 4 in the first half if you don’t think so then you need to watch more closely.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    We played with a back 4 in the first half if you don’t think so then you need to watch more closely.
    I was there,.. and that was not a back 4.. it was 3 plus Nemane.. Who was useless. Macari shouldn't have been dropped for him..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I was there,.. and that was not a back 4.. it was 3 plus Nemane.. Who was useless. Macari shouldn't have been dropped for him..
    So it was a back 4 then.

As for he was useless he wasn’t at all in the first half I’d take a look at the “other” full back rather than him today and nothing came down his side from Wrexham either.

Macari may not have been “dropped” he has only just comeback from injury/illness so sports science team may have advised he shouldn’t play twice in 4-5 days from the start, although I expect him to be back for Crewe providing he has no set backs.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Nemane didn't play wing back in the first half you clown, is your big baby brother mapperley moaner pie.
    Suggest you look at the highlights again Maddog, first Wrexham attack down our right (high ball) Nemane was so far out of position (halfway towards the halfway line and level with the corner of our box) and had a trot towards the ball with the Wrex player running like f... to get the ball. Nemane played most of the game as if he was WB (I question marked in the rating if it was a 4?).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqmYeao2L0s look at 1.15 then 2.50 (I won't go on). Yes I will, 3.20 he was in front of JJ ffs.
    Last edited by SmiffyPie; 17-02-2024 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Nemane didn't play wing back in the first half you clown, is your big baby brother mapperley moaner pie.
    The only clown is you....

He clearly playing RB first half. If he got caught out of position its irrelevant, Macari was often down by their corner on Tuesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    If he got caught out of position its irrelevant, Macari was often down by their corner on Tuesday night.
    You having a laugh? Caught out of position is irrelevant? Well that's ok then (can you email SM and let him know?). Newport and Wrexham (and our team) two completely different fish.

Nemane couldn’t defend to save his life in the national league, why anyone expects him to in this league god only knows. I thought he did alright today, but there’s reasons why we’ve let in 120 goals this season.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast