+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 212 of 301 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 3002

Thread: The Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    No it certainly doesn't BT, reminds me of a very trivial incident when I was working at Nelson Fire Station. I'd been on the night shift, and as usual it was like the wild west in Nelson centre, taxis screaming through at 40/50 mph, parking on double yellows, stopping for chats on double white lines in the middle of the road, the usual complete and utter chaos and ne'er a bobby in sight, they didn't want to know.
    The following afternoon I dropped Mrs S off in Whalley centre, just outside the bus station, a WPC was stood there and glared at me, Mrs S leant back inside the car to peck me on the cheek and the WPC strode up, she pulled the door open and said, 'You're parked in a dangerous place'. I said, 'I'm not parked and I've only been here 10 seconds'. 'Move now or I'll book you' was the charming response. I thought of a smart-arse response and then thought better of it and drove off, pondering the difference in police attitudes to traffic from just one side of Pendle Hill to the other.
    We get that same $hit here in Bolton everyday sinkov.

Young Asian males fly around town in high powered BMWs, Audis and Mercs, not a bobby in sight. Old Mavis from the bottom of our road got caught in a yellow box junction in her all electric Toyota gravy tin and got fined £90.00 and three points on her licence.

It's f*cking laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We get that same $hit here in Bolton everyday sinkov.

Young Asian males fly around town in high powered BMWs, Audis and Mercs, not a bobby in sight. Old Mavis from the bottom of our road got caught in a yellow box junction in her all electric Toyota gravy tin and got fined £90.00 and three points on her licence.
    It's f*cking laughable.
    ....and lamentable.

I knew a met detective, years back.....he told me then, "we lnow who they are, what they get upto...but turn a blind eye, because they're more use to us in other ways".

It's not going to happen is it, we're not going to be set free next month. I can feel the pressure building, every time I turn the news on now they've wheeled on another bedwetting 'scientist' telling us that unless we push back Freedom Day by two months, we're all going to die, infected by this new variant ripping through Britain. That it isn't putting many people in hospital at all, doesn't seem to matter, 'cases' are rising and, just like with the media pressure put on the WHO and governments to change their advice on face masks last summer, similar pressure is being applied to persuade Boris to delay for two months.

And of course in two months time, just when we could/should be getting back to normal, there'll be another variant coming along to kill us all, and so it goes on.

It's not going to happen is it, we're not going to be set free next month. I can feel the pressure building, every time I turn the news on now they've wheeled on another bedwetting 'scientist' telling us that unless we push back Freedom Day by two months, we're all going to die, infected by this new variant ripping through Britain. That it isn't putting many people in hospital at all, doesn't seem to matter, 'cases' are rising and, just like with the media pressure put on the WHO and governments to change their advice on face masks last summer, similar pressure is being applied to persuade Boris to delay for two months.

And of course in two months time, just when we could/should be getting back to normal, there'll be another variant coming along to kill us all, and so it goes on.
    Behave yourself sinkov. Bolton is in the morbid grip of this Indian variant.

People are simply falling over and dying in their shoes on the street.

The crematorium is so over run we are having to float our dead in the River Croal.

The Royal Bolton Hospital is so overwhelmed, security have had to padlock the doors to prevent any new admissions.

The pubs, restaurants and streets are deserted as "Project Fear" grips the town.

Looting is rife because the police refuse to leave their safe stations and our school gates are padlocked and kids are locked in their bedrooms waiting for home vaccinations.

And yet you still refuse to take this threat to life seriously.

Shame on you sinkov.

Here are the latest figures from Bolton NHS Foundation Trust for Covid admissions, from 16th to 23rd May.

3, 2. 2. 5. 5, 9, 7, 4.

i usually trust these figures, but they've clearly missed a couple of noughts off the end of these.

Here are the latest figures from Bolton NHS Foundation Trust for Covid admissions, from 16th to 23rd May.

3, 2. 2. 5. 5, 9, 7, 4.

i usually trust these figures, but they've clearly missed a couple of noughts off the end of these.
    And yet the Tories continue to jump up a couple of points in the polls every week sinkov.

It makes no sense to me sinkov particularly with the recent statistics that reveal a government that came into power promising to control our borders has allowed 1.59 million – yes that's ONE POINT FIVE NINE MILLION – travellers to fly into the UK in the four lockdown months from January to April alone, two-thirds of whom were not UK nationals.

Shaking my head does not work any longer sinkov, the sheep have all joyfully run off to slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    And yet the Tories continue to jump up a couple of points in the polls every week sinkov.

It makes no sense to me sinkov particularly with the recent statistics that reveal a government that came into power promising to control our borders has allowed 1.59 million – yes that's ONE POINT FIVE NINE MILLION – travellers to fly into the UK in the four lockdown months from January to April alone, two-thirds of whom were not UK nationals.

Shaking my head does not work any longer sinkov, the sheep have all joyfully run off to slaughter.
    That's amazing BT, how did this happen, did they fly in by night, there used to be a sky full of planes over Clitheroe, now one is a rare sight, and where did they stay, hotels have been closed during lockdowns.

Anyway, stop your bedwetting and man up.

That's amazing BT, how did this happen, did they fly in by night, there used to be a sky full of planes over Clitheroe, now one is a rare sight, and where did they stay, hotels have been closed during lockdowns.

Anyway, stop your bedwetting and man up.
    Oh dear sinkov ------"...........man up" ------you will have offended so many people with that advice. It's a sad, sad world.

A light in the darkness?

10 serious COVID patients given Israeli drug, leave hospital in one day

The data showed a 40% decrease in lung inflammation from treatment – from 55% to 15%, as seen in chest X-rays * Rambam Health Care Campus doctor: ‘Results extremely impressive.''

https://www.jpost.com/health-science...one-day-669564

An Israeli biotechnology company has revealed a 100% success rate in the first 10 patients treated with its drug as part of an early-stage clinical trial at Rambam Health Care Campus in Haifa.

Additionally, patients showed significantly improved respiratory function, with blood oxygen saturation showing a 95% increase and lung functioning returning to almost entirely normal levels after only one month.

Most strikingly, patients were discharged from the hospital after a median duration of only one day following injection.

Many COVID-19 patients die because of an increase in the production of inflammatory molecules called cytokine, rather than the virus itself, Meretzki explained. When the immune system secretes too many cytokines, a so-called “cytokine storm” can erupt. Such an excessive immune response ravages healthy lung tissue, leading to acute respiratory distress syndrome or failure, and eventually death.
    The Phase II trial is slated to continue at Rambam and include another 50 patients. However, because of the low-level of infection in Israel, Bonus has applied for approval to carry out the trial in Europe as well.

Fortunately for you sinkov, planes arriving from the Southern Hemisphere do not fly over Clitheroe.

Research it, every word is true sinkov, I have the flight path into Heathrow since January. I am a sad anorak, I know.

Page 212 of 301 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)