+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 215 of 625 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Steve Clarke would certainly not be a backward step and is doing a remarkable job at Kilmarnock with a very little budget. Neil Lennon wouldn’t lie down to Celtic when up against them so I would certainly take him as stated previously. I don’t particularly like him but believe he is no coward against Celtic and Sevco so that itself would be a plus. There is plenty managers out there....we need someone who fears no one. Don’t expect Milne to pick someone different very soon as he is happy we just played Celtic never mind the thought of actually having a real go at them.
    Already covered Lennon above.
    Steve Clarke is a decent shout, but is it realistic?
    He certainly has Kilmarnock punching above their weight, but he has an affinity at Kilmarnock, he would not have at Aberdeen.could he be enticed up north from Killie? I’m not convinced.
    Who else is there from the “plenty of managers out there” category.

It's bizarre that on the back of winning 9 out of 10 games or something like that, that after a narrow defeat to the best team in the country whose budget is far bigger than ours and generally speaking whose players are far better than ours, everyone on here is clamouring for McInnes to get punted.

Everyone's gutted that we lost, but I don't think anyone could say the players weren't up for it. I also don't think anyone could say we didn't try and attack - we played 2 up front against them - pretty much nobody else does that. I also would disagree with those who say McInnes got the tactics wrong - we did a good job of nullifying their threat for the most part (which is a ***** component of a game plan against a superior team - which they are whether we want to admit it or not) and we did cause them problems at times. The reason we lost was due to momentary lapses in concentration - against other teams you get away with it - against Celtic you don't.

Those calling for McInnes' head fail to come up with viable options for a replacement. Steve Clarke is a great manager, but highly unlikely to come to AFC. Neil Lennon can certainly fire his teams up for big games, but what use is that if you don't win the other matches?

The question isn't simply, has McInnes taken us as far as he can... the question is two-fold - has McInnes taken us as high as he can and is there a realistic replacement who could take us further? The answer to the first part may be "yes", but if the answer to the second part is "no" we should stick with him.

If we beat Livi on Saturday we'll still be within touching distance of the top of the league come the new year and have already been to a cup final. Surely if we'd been offered that at the start of the season we'd have taken it?

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    It's bizarre that on the back of winning 9 out of 10 games or something like that, that after a narrow defeat to the best team in the country whose budget is far bigger than ours and generally speaking whose players are far better than ours, everyone on here is clamouring for McInnes to get punted.

Everyone's gutted that we lost, but I don't think anyone could say the players weren't up for it. I also don't think anyone could say we didn't try and attack - we played 2 up front against them - pretty much nobody else does that. I also would disagree with those who say McInnes got the tactics wrong - we did a good job of nullifying their threat for the most part (which is a ***** component of a game plan against a superior team - which they are whether we want to admit it or not) and we did cause them problems at times. The reason we lost was due to momentary lapses in concentration - against other teams you get away with it - against Celtic you don't.

Those calling for McInnes' head fail to come up with viable options for a replacement. Steve Clarke is a great manager, but highly unlikely to come to AFC. Neil Lennon can certainly fire his teams up for big games, but what use is that if you don't win the other matches?

The question isn't simply, has McInnes taken us as far as he can... the question is two-fold - has McInnes taken us as high as he can and is there a realistic replacement who could take us further? The answer to the first part may be "yes", but if the answer to the second part is "no" we should stick with him.

If we beat Livi on Saturday we'll still be within touching distance of the top of the league come the new year and have already been to a cup final. Surely if we'd been offered that at the start of the season we'd have taken it?
    Excellent post Don.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Already covered Lennon above.
    Steve Clarke is a decent shout, but is it realistic?
    He certainly has Kilmarnock punching above their weight, but he has an affinity at Kilmarnock, he would not have at Aberdeen.could he be enticed up north from Killie? I’m not convinced.
    On the back of 4 straight wins we faced the league champions and were beaten 4-3, there is absolutely no way we would have conceded all those goals if we had Devlin,Lowe or indeed Reynolds fit......never mind, a few on here......well the same “experts” rise above the parapets.....have not checked the timing of some posts, hopefully unlike previous match threads they kept their angst at least till full time!!

Ach weel, Livi away on Saturday.....hopefully bounce back and then get the golf clubs out in Dubai.

SF

I hear thon boy Jose Mourinho is looking for a job and we might pick him up on the cheap as he has just been punted along with a few million smackeroos in his hipper, so he might not be bothered about the cash side of things

OK OK OK, i'll get ma coat.
    But i can see the best selling fridge magnet ever of Mourinho with dandies scarf above the heed shot

Nae idea really, Lennon or Clarke are both good shouts.

But there is no disputing the fact McInnes cannot take us any further

SF

I

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Ach weel, Livi away on Saturday.....hopefully bounce back and then get the golf clubs out in Dubai.

SF
    JJ
    are you out here in the sandpit as well pal or are you just coming over for a holiday

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    On the first paragraph, I think some on here were waiting for a defeat to have the opportunity to lambast McInnes.
    Some were teeing it up before the game.

We’re not 9 from 10 though to be fair, we’re 9 wins from the last 13 games, 2 of which were defeats to Celtic.
    I’m confident of a win at Livi, despite their strong Home record.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post

But there is no disputing the fact McInnes cannot take us any further

SF
    Maybe, but I refer you to the Don’s point.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    For manager I would not be against Neil Lennon, yes his hibs team are a wee bit hot and cold this season, like many other teams are, but there is one thing for sure and that is he himself is a fighter and not a bottler and just might be worth ago.
    McInnes has done decent for us we cant deny that, as it was dark dark times indeed that he took over from.
    I dont have a dislike for the man, infact quite the opposite, but everybody has their limitations and DM has capped out at his and does not have what it takes to kick this club on to the next level.
    In many ways I compare McInnes's tenure to that of Jimmy Calderwood, Jimmy came in amidst very dark times and steadied the ship and made us "not sh1te anymore" he did not have what it takes to kick us on so we rightly decided it was time to move on.
    Unfortunately the managers that have been tried since calderwood took us right back to where we started when JC came in the door.
    Then in comes McInnes and he also like calderwood steadies the ship and makes us "not sh1te anymore" But he also does not have what it takes to kick us on so it's time for him to go. I don't dislike them man, i just want our club to have the balls and the desire to kick on and find that next level.
    Despite all their millions timothy were there to be beaten last night and have been on a number of occasions over the years and us with DM at the helm are simply not ready nor capable to take advantage of it.

Is it Neil Lennon? i dont really but that would be my suggestion.

SF
    Whilst I agree that Jimmy made us "not ****e anymore" to be honest he didn't do much more than that. We barely scraped into the top 6 for quite a few years with Jimmy, finishing behind Motherwell, ICT, Kilmarnock, Hibs, Hearts and also suffered the embarrassment of defeats to Queens Park and QOS in the cups. We also had his love of Rangers players, Big Lee, wee Barry and FFS, even wee Naisy. With McInnes we've been much, much better that just "not ****e anymore" as our league positions in the past 5 seasons have shown. McInnes has also got us to 4 finals, winning one. Yes, his record versus Celtic is poor,but he he has done much more than make us "not ****e any more".

We’re not 9 from 10 though to be fair, we’re 9 wins from the last 13 games, 2 of which were defeats to Celtic.
    I’m confident of a win at Livi, despite their strong Home record.
    Couldn't quite remember the exact stats, but it's been a very good run of form. Hopefully we can get a win at Livi to round off the year and come back strong after the break with one or two new signings to bolster the team. Given the slow start we had to the season, to reach the half way point having reached a cup final and only a few points off the top of the league, isn't the disaster some people seem to think it is!

Page 215 of 625 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast