+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 281 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corona Virus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

Why - wasn't this "Government" downgrade sent mainstream ?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-con...us-of-covid-19

Probably because the majority of people do not understand the difference between 'infectious' and 'contagious' Many people have not understood the need for isolation and, if they read that notice, they would take it that the instructions being given no longer apply.

COVID-19 is a contagious disease which is spread by direct contact with a person or something they may have touched.
    It is not an infectious disease which is transmitted through the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Probably because the majority of people do not understand the difference between 'infectious' and 'contagious' Many people have not understood the need for isolation and, if they read that notice, they would take it that the instructions being given no longer apply.
    COVID-19 is a contagious disease which is spread by direct contact with a person or something they may have touched.

....you think People fools - not worth the truth....Sub ?

....but I understand - you've gone stir crazy - perhaps deafened by your own trumpet/bugel ?

Definition - Infectious (of a disease or disease-causing organism) liable to be transmitted to people, organisms, etc. through the environment.

it - on the Infectious Level....has been downgraded: As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases (HCID) in the UK.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0320192755.htm

The COVID19 virus is spread by people coughing or sneezing in close proximity to others.
    People are infected by breathing in the resultant airborne viral infection through their eyes, nose or mouth, hence the protective face masks.

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    The COVID19 virus is spread by people coughing or sneezing in close proximity to others.
    People are infected by breathing in the resultant airborne viral infection through their eyes, nose or mouth, hence the protective face masks.
    I read in the news that three Chinese families caught the virus from the toilet flushing system in their apartment block map, no masks in the world would prevent that.

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    Bollox. I could quote reams of the best scientific and medical advice saying that face masks offer no protection to the wearer, but 'might' in some small way help prevent someone passing it on, but I really can't be arsed.

If it's spread by coughing and sneezing in close proximity then social distancing sorts that one, as it seems to have done anyway, the virus was all but eradicated long before anyone was ordered to muzzle up.

norder ---my daughter-in-law told me because she is in the profession and I talked about it with my Paramedic son who said exactly what I said as to why the government would be reticent in putting out that sort of notice.
    Mind you, I am surprised that the media have not made a big fuss about it.
    Your question re pepole being fools ---methinks we give some people far more credit than they deserve ----too many self-centred people who don't give a toss for anyone else.

norder ---my daughter-in-law told me because she is in the profession and I talked about it with my Paramedic son who said exactly what I said as to why the government would be reticent in putting out that sort of notice.
    Mind you, I am surprised that the media have not made a big fuss about it.
    Your question re pepole being fools ---methinks we give some people far more credit than they deserve ----too many self-centred people who don't give a toss for anyone else.
    true, that many are - egocentric....Sub - Politicians being some of the greatest offenders....and was disgusted by those clearing the shelves of hand sanitizers - then selling them on ebay for astronomical sums - selfshiness and greed, profiting from health - as low as it gets imo. Mrs Norder was especially angry, she's been using the stuff for years, always wiping something when were out - never touches a supermarket trolley without giving it a good clean first - even though she wears gloves !
    Anyway - when does the goivernment come Clean about anything...they should regardless, perhaps if folk weren't so nannied - they wouldn't have forgotten how to think for themselves....been so easily led - so muddled they make it - but perhaps that the plan.

stay well .

Cheers.

In ma country new cases are found daily

Quote Originally Posted by osisiot View Post
    In ma country new cases are found daily
    where is that - osis.....not china then, it seems they're en-route back to normal.

- lab rat normal !

Staff at Dongfeng Honda in Wuhan eat lunch – while maintaining a safe distance – after returning to work.

I will advice everyone to stay safe at also stay at home because that is the safest thing to do for now.
    Wakanda Hairs care for your safety

Page 22 of 281 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)