+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: OT - Music. Gigs. Sounds bought.

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    I've had a bit of a 'duck the world' day, you know sod it I'm doing duck all today. This afto watched a bit of golf then listened to Leonard and followed up with Joe Bonamassa and Eric Gales. Most enjoyable.
    Now it's golf again with a Peddy or two whilst boss lady cooks dinner and what a cook she is. Who needs the footie season😎
    Good effort on the Joe choice, just been watching a vid featuring him, Samantha Fish, Walter Trout and Kenny Wayne Shepheard, hot stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Good effort on the Joe choice, just been watching a vid featuring him, Samantha Fish, Walter Trout and Kenny Wayne Shepheard, hot stuff!
    My tastes are pretty basic, R&R, R&B and (years ago Jazz) but I like an occasional bit of Blues. When I watch the likes of Joe and other Blues guys (and girls) making a guitar tell stories whilst producing vocals that ooze depth then I'm one happy guy. As you say hot stuff.
    Golf, Blues, one hell of a dinner and now a 🍺or two, yes that'll do. PS. Don't tell my doctor about the 🍻

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    My tastes are pretty basic, R&R, R&B and (years ago Jazz) but I like an occasional bit of Blues. When I watch the likes of Joe and other Blues guys (and girls) making a guitar tell stories whilst producing vocals that ooze depth then I'm one happy guy. As you say hot stuff.
    Golf, Blues, one hell of a dinner and now a 🍺or two, yes that'll do. PS. Don't tell my doctor about the 🍻
    Jammy git

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Jammy git
    😂

Following that great night out with Bettye Lavette, I saw Rod Stewart at the Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam last week.

Wonderful concert. Still a great showman. Excellent band, all very good musicians. The background singers not only sang well. At various points they all played guitar. Two played the violin. One played harp. They also played various bits of percussion. They also did a dance routine. Multitalented and, mysogenistically, they were easy on the eye as well. Rod himself? Paced himself well, mixing the tempos. 3 costume changes saw an instrumental break and 2 songs sung by the background girls. Very enjoyable night out.

It doesn't end there, either. Last night I went to the Carre, Amsterdam to see the "Gladys Knight Farewell Tour". The show was opened by Mica Miller, born I believe in Manchester with ditto accent when speaking. That accent turns into American when she sings, which she does very well. Then it was Gladys's turn. Best known for "ballady" songs, she surprised everyone by starting the show with up tempo versions of "slowies". What a voice! 'Er indoors, who grudgingly came along, thoroughly enjoyed it. There were a couple of ballads sung but by and large she belted out up tempo number after up tempo number. She has one more gig in NL before going on to the UK leg of her tour. Mica is playing those gigs too. Her set was only 75 minutes long but it was well worth going and I'd recommend a visit if you're interested. There was also 2 gospel songs, the first of which saw some serious feedback for 10 seconds but that was soon sorted.

That completed a hattrick for me of exceedingly good concerts from a 78 year old, Bettye, 79 year old, Rod and 80 year old Gladys. All 3 well worth going to see/hear.

Next planned gig is the Pretenders in September, Chrissy is a spring chicken, reaching a mere 73 years old about 2 weeks prior to the concert. She's never let me down yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Following that great night out with Bettye Lavette, I saw Rod Stewart at the Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam last week.

Wonderful concert. Still a great showman. Excellent band, all very good musicians. The background singers not only sang well. At various points they all played guitar. Two played the violin. One played harp. They also played various bits of percussion. They also did a dance routine. Multitalented and, mysogenistically, they were easy on the eye as well. Rod himself? Paced himself well, mixing the tempos. 3 costume changes saw an instrumental break and 2 songs sung by the background girls. Very enjoyable night out.

It doesn't end there, either. Last night I went to the Carre, Amsterdam to see the "Gladys Knight Farewell Tour". The show was opened by Mica Miller, born I believe in Manchester with ditto accent when speaking. That accent turns into American when she sings, which she does very well. Then it was Gladys's turn. Best known for "ballady" songs, she surprised everyone by starting the show with up tempo versions of "slowies". What a voice! 'Er indoors, who grudgingly came along, thoroughly enjoyed it. There were a couple of ballads sung but by and large she belted out up tempo number after up tempo number. She has one more gig in NL before going on to the UK leg of her tour. Mica is playing those gigs too. Her set was only 75 minutes long but it was well worth going and I'd recommend a visit if you're interested. There was also 2 gospel songs, the first of which saw some serious feedback for 10 seconds but that was soon sorted.

That completed a hattrick for me of exceedingly good concerts from a 78 year old, Bettye, 79 year old, Rod and 80 year old Gladys. All 3 well worth going to see/hear.

Next planned gig is the Pretenders in September, Chrissy is a spring chicken, reaching a mere 73 years old about 2 weeks prior to the concert. She's never let me down yet.
    That’s not ‘mysogenistcally’…it’s just…….appreciative.

Deacon Blue next up for me, in August with my daughter. Something good to come out of Scotland. Sorry mac.

Next up and only decided on today, Hillbilly Vegas in Wolves on July 21. Also been invited to an Elvis ‘event’ https://elvislondonbridge.co.uk/special-events/ on July 5th but there’s no band.

MA please don’t feel the need to qualify appreciation of the female form!

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)