+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: All things cricket

Well done England,nice handy lead of 136

Sir Geoffrey has just said the game is over,only the weather can save SA,big innings for Jennings coming up

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Well done England,nice handy lead of 136

Sir Geoffrey has just said the game is over,only the weather can save SA,big innings for Jennings coming up
    Yorks 34-5 v. Es***.Only hope Sarf Africa have is if England bat too long and that aint likely,even with a rather negative skipper.Yorks 51-6,sea fret'll be causin the damage accordin the piggy Vaughan. UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 06-08-2017 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Yorks 34-5 v. Es***.Only hope Sarf Africa have is if England bat too long and that aint likely,even with a rather negative skipper. UTCB
    53-6,Obviously the tide is in,we will be ok when it goes out

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    53-6,Obviously the tide is in,we will be ok when it goes out
    England lose another wicket,come on Joe do your stuff skipper.UTCB

Yorks 40 odd fpr 6 in't 2nd innings still 70 odd behind,the game's bein played in Scarbro i wonder who'll get the blame.What a poor showin wi the bat again by Yorks.UTCB

Yorks 40 odd fpr 6 in't 2nd innings still 70 odd behind,the game's bein played in Scarbro i wonder who'll get the blame.What a poor showin wi the bat again by Yorks.UTCB
    The knives are out for Gale on the Yorkshire forum.To be honest the top order batting has been poor/ average for a couple of years and we have been bailed out by Bairstow, Bresnan, Hodd and the bowlers chipping in to get us to decent totals which the bowlers, who were firing then could get them ou t for less than we'd got.

Now it's a perfect storm of ageing bowlers, (except Coad), the poor batting not being rescued, no one coming through who looks likely to stop the rot and injury after injury

We will do well to avoid relegation and Moxon and Gale, with Gale the more likely, might be looking for alternatives.

Not many would cope without Root, Bairstow and Ballance in the middle order but, to be fair, it has been cominga nd the management look culpable.

Sir Geoffrey's just said Our Joe should get Jimmy and or Broad on,get these 2 batsmen(Amla,Du Plessis) out and your left wi De Kock wi the tail, amused me.UTCB

Sir Geoffrey's just said Our Joe should get Jimmy and or Broad on,get these 2 batsmen(Amla,Du Plessis) out and your left wi De Kock wi the tail, amused me.UTCB
    Like we said Rod, it's so easy on the sidelines.
    91-8 at Scarbados

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Like we said Rod, it's so easy on the sidelines.
    91-8 at Scarbados
    Yes i agree,i really do luv it when Sir Geoffrey's on TMS,cos as well as him speakin his mind, they're always tryin to get him bitin,but let's be r8 he was hardly ever a skipper was he? UTCB

Yes i agree,i really do luv it when Sir Geoffrey's on TMS,cos as well as him speakin his mind, they're always tryin to get him bitin,but let's be r8 he was hardly ever a skipper was he? UTCB
    His colleaugues said he should have been a golfer where he would have been totally in charge of his own destiny and fortune.- and he'd probably have made one at that too.

His attitude hasn't changed much which is why he is such good value when he speaks but that wouldn't be ideal for a team sport and, a bit like eg Hoddle, he couldn't understand how thase with less ability found it so difficult.

At least we've got to a hundred- 101-8

Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast