+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Ibrox on Wednesday

Hands up who didn't expect that

Hands up who still thinks McInness is the saviour of the club. I bet there are still heaps of you

We have the worst overall record against Brendans pigs (inclusive of Caley who got a point last season) and we have the worst combined record v the pigs and sevco in the league this season.

But hes not a big game bottling sh@tebag though is he. How much more proof do people need

Oh but hes not McGhee so its ok

In more positive news

Joe Lewis has not broken his leg as feared

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/...ot-broken-leg/

Rogers in goal on Saturday. Joe hasn't missed a game in his Dons career

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Hands up who didn't expect that

Hands up who still thinks McInness is the saviour of the club. I bet there are still heaps of you

We have the worst overall record against Brendans pigs (inclusive of Caley who got a point last season) and we have the worst combined record v the pigs and sevco in the league this season.

But hes not a big game bottling sh@tebag though is he. How much more proof do people need

Oh but hes not McGhee so its ok
    Pac, why is it that the sACk maCginnis contingent insist that the rest of us either agree with them or are happy clappers? Do you think we're happy with the results or performances against the H*ns or the Tims this season? You don't think some of us have raged at the tactics and standard of performance in these games?

We simply disagree with you that this is an issue which ends with the one solution of booting McInnes. It's possible to be frustrated with the manager and not p*sh our pants and call him names whenever we take a sore loss. And let's fact it - it's very unlikely that he's going anywhere.

I think there's more to this than McInnes simply bottling it. Sometimes another team has the edge over you in H2H encounters and unfortunately this season it's the h*ns. And of course they have raised their game against us.

Considine is simply a liability in these games. Fine as a squad player if needed when playing Thistle at home but isn't good enough for big games. What happened to our much vaunted midfield trio of Christie, Shinnie and Kenny Mac?

Just to be clear, I'm not making excuses. I'm just pointing out that there are reasons why we're losing these matches beyond McInnes being a useless, bottling h*n sh*tebag or whatever it is you want to throw out next.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Pac, why is it that the sACk maCginnis contingent insist that the rest of us either agree with them or are happy clappers? Do you think we're happy with the results or performances against the H*ns or the Tims this season? You don't think some of us have raged at the tactics and standard of performance in these games?

We simply disagree with you that this is an issue which ends with the one solution of booting McInnes. It's possible to be frustrated with the manager and not p*sh our pants and call him names whenever we take a sore loss. And let's fact it - it's very unlikely that he's going anywhere.

I think there's more to this than McInnes simply bottling it. Sometimes another team has the edge over you in H2H encounters and unfortunately this season it's the h*ns. And of course they have raised their game against us.

Considine is simply a liability in these games. Fine as a squad player if needed when playing Thistle at home but isn't good enough for big games. What happened to our much vaunted midfield trio of Christie, Shinnie and Kenny Mac?

Just to be clear, I'm not making excuses. I'm just pointing out that there are reasons why we're losing these matches beyond McInnes being a useless, bottling h*n sh*tebag or whatever it is you want to throw out next.
    He's in charge, he's made the same mistakes over and over. Buck stops with him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSLYFOX View Post
    At 3 points behind us the Huns sign Martin, Goss, Murphy, Cummings & Docherty all of which would improve us.
    We re-sign a player most agreed was past his best and a guy we are struggling to get a work permit for. As per the last 2 Jan Windows we’ve shown zero ambition!
    Agree with that.
    We have showed zero ambition this window.
    None.
    Ok at least we’re not spending money we clearly don’t have, but SEVCO have sealed 2nd imo.
    Our ambition & our big game mentality is horrendous.

[FONT=arial]
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    He's in charge, he's made the same mistakes over and over. Buck stops with him.
    Never said it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Agree with that.
    None.
    Ok at least we’re not spending money we clearly don’t have, but SEVCO have sealed 2nd imo.
    What would ambition look like, exactly? The main reason a club like Aberdeen can't splash cash on players is that we couldn't even afford the sort of fees that our top players would command. £500k would be a massive outlay for us and simply doesn't buy you very much. The proximity to the inflated English market means there is no value as a buyer for a club like AFC. Hence why we have generally targeted players who are out of favour.

In the summer we signed GMS, May and Stewart on loan (presumably with a view to signing the latter permanently). Three proven players in this league. Leaving aside an assessment of how those players have performed for AFC I would hardly call them unambitious signings.

My main problem with McInnes' recent singing policy is that he didn't seem to have a clear style of play in mind when targeting signings. The Tansey signing didn't work out notwithstanding he was a player we had clearly been tracking for a while. Jack hasn't been replaced and we need a proper left back assuming Shinnie is to remain in midfield. There's plenty of quality in the squad but it's redundant in some areas and clearly lacking in others.
    Last edited by ragnarok; 25-01-2018 at 06:53 AM.

Agree with that.
    None.
    And in the process further handicapped themselves financially.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post

I'm not asking you to agree . I'm merely pointing out that these meek performances in big games are too predictable under McInnes and he clearly cant fire up his players. It is a huge f@cking downfall of the manager and we will not progress as he has made it clear he cant by

being whitewashed by the pigs over 6 last season
    over halfway to being whitewashed by the pigs and sevco this season
    having the worst record v the pigs since Brenda took charge
    having the worst combined record v the two this season

There is more

What f@cking use is that. His big game record is getting worse by the month

Oh but dinna worry he beat Rijeka away and hes nae McGhee so we cant point out his flaws as hes ace
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 25-01-2018 at 07:32 AM.

Correct.
    O’Connor, Considine, Stewart, Rooney all look like they’re pulling a tractor.
    This is one of our biggest problems! And is shown up v pacey teams like the vermin. I think probably also why Arni isn't on v them as he's even slower than the others!

Priority this summer has to be the defence and pace!

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    And in the process further handicapped themselves financially.
    If you think the huns will go tits up you’re deluded.
    They wont
    I’ve been hearing this “tick tick” sh1te for ever & a day.... it’s not happened & wont.
    There are two many masons will bail them out
    FFS our own chairman is one of them & wants a strong “Rangers”. We even sip from the Masonic loving cup.
    Milne will be happy with 3rd & the odd cup final.
    McInnes cannot raise a semi against the Glasgow teams let alone a full blown rager.
    The record against them is the worst in the league.
    It’s embarrassing & he should be getting held to account over it.

I stand by my point earlier.
    Our lack of ambition in this window deserves what it gets... persistent failure in big games.

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast