+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 222 of 560 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    True but the issue with the out of town stadium was the transport to & from. What we’re proposing is different to any other club, on account that ours will be more difficult to get to & therefore, more likely to affect attendances
    As previously mentioned, how many use the train? I'd suspect less than 100 at any given home game. It's a non-issue.

What we're proposing is an incredibly easy to gte to location on the x-roads of two dual carraigeways. Perfect.

Perfect if you drive & don’t fancy boozing. Bit of a nightmare if you don’t

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Perfect if you drive & don’t fancy boozing. Bit of a nightmare if you don’t
    Move with the times. Sober home games and no enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    Move with the times. Sober home games and no enjoyment.
    OK. That`s a stupid statement. You don`t need to be drunk to enjoy a football match.

Fact is currently we have the choice on how we all get to Pittodrie. The choices are more limited for Westhills.

When it was Cove , I was dubious how we would all get there. Not enough parking, not enough buses, quite a walk from a Cove station etc etc. And it`s just as awkward for Westhills.

If we all stayed sober and drove. There`s not enough parking. and if you tried to get a bus up, no point in going early as there would be ferk all to do . Fanzones ? Aye right !!

I said it before , it wouls need a proper tube/tram/trainline up there from Union Square. Any other Country in Europe it would be built !!

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    OK. That`s a stupid statement.You don`t need to be drunk to enjoy a football match.
    I think a lot of folk would disagree with you considering the Bobbin, Pittodrie bar, golf clubs etc are full for the majority of match days.

Even if there was decent transport set up I cant see this supporters bar being big enough to accommodate everyone that likes to go for a few beers before the game.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I think a lot of folk would disagree with you considering the Bobbin, Pittodrie bar, golf clubs etc are full for the majority of match days.

Even if there was decent transport set up I cant see this supporters bar being big enough to accommodate everyone that likes to go for a few beers before the game.
    Aye. An awful lot of Folk like to a wander down to the Ground having a few pints on the way. Part of the attraction agreed. I`m partial to that myself.

but you don`t need any alcohol JUSt to enjoy the game ? Yer nae running of for a pish after first 20 mins etc.

Still needs a decent train line out there !!

OK. That`s a stupid statement. You don`t need to be drunk to enjoy a football match.

Fact is currently we have the choice on how we all get to Pittodrie. The choices are more limited for Westhills.

When it was Cove , I was dubious how we would all get there. Not enough parking, not enough buses, quite a walk from a Cove station etc etc. And it`s just as awkward for Westhills.

If we all stayed sober and drove. There`s not enough parking. and if you tried to get a bus up, no point in going early as there would be ferk all to do . Fanzones ? Aye right !!

I said it before , it wouls need a proper tube/tram/trainline up there from Union Square. Any other Country in Europe it would be built !!
    I agree, but there's nothing like that in the plans or ever will be in the future.

Aye. An awful lot of Folk like to a wander down to the Ground having a few pints on the way. Part of the attraction agreed. I`m partial to that myself.

but you don`t need any alcohol JUSt to enjoy the game ? Yer nae running of for a pish after first 20 mins etc.

I don't go for beers at every game but when we are playing the likes of Kilmarnock/Hamilton etc in the middle of the winter a few beers before the game makes it a bit more bearable. I don't think I would go to every game if I didn't have the option of going for a pint when I fancied one.

There was never any need for a line to go out there that could be re-instated, as it was green belt, and the fairmers didn't need to get their cattle to Kittybrewster with the existence of marts in Alford, Insch, Inverurie etc.

The nearest rail line to Westhill would have been at Kemnay on the branch to Alford from the Aberdeen-Inverness line at Inverurie or Kintore, and that was lifted a long time ago.

The Deeside line would be topographically very difficult to offer a spur to Westhill and there is very little appetite and massive cost in re-instating compliant track and infrastructure as we've seen with the Borders Railway and the small re-openings in industrial Central Scotland.

And there would be a major outcry that would make the W.A.N.K.S. look like a tea party (as opposed to The Tea Party, the elitist right-wing whanks currently resemble) if millions were to be spent in building a light railway or tram facility purely to support the hobby of 11000 people, or the element of that number who would need to use it.

Rail's a non-starter, shuttle buses will never cope as First will put profit over convenience or passenger comfort, and the car-parking as currently offered is insufficient, and even with the bypass is open, it'll be a raffle getting off and on to it.

If it goes ahead, I intend to buy a season a trial season to see how it goes, but if it's the predicted clutser****, I will pick and choose the matches to attend. That's a bit of a shame after 52 years watching the useless ****s, but that's reality for many.

I'd still like to see the W.A.N.K.S. get a ****ing shoeing theough.

Preferably rebuild Pittodrie and seperately build the most wonderful training facilities on the face of the planet, facilities which are a fantastic boon to the local community, but nowhere near f'uckin Westhill.

Page 222 of 560 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast