+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 222 of 625 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

How would you know that if I’ve dodged the question?

Yep, I wanted Ross. Was told that Aberdeen was too big a step up though.

I’d be delighted with Clarke

I’d be happy enough going for a foreign coach, especially one that doesn’t give a f*ck about Celtic.

I’d rather have McInnes than Lennon

The board won’t be asking for my input when theres a decision to be made made. Which is a shame because I don’t think any of us would’ve given the gig to Alex Miller, Steve Paterson or Craig Brown

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    What’s the point in faring better against Brendon Rogers when you drop points and get knocked out of cups at lesser teams?
    Surely we’ve been there before and I certainly prefer our current position of being more consistent.
    I think everyone agrees this is the dilemma - we all like McInnes' consistency against everyone except Celtic, and we admire the slightly better record the likes of Lennon has against Celtic, but wouldn't like the lack of consistency he displays against everyone else. Clarke seems to be the one who can provide the best of both worlds. What it shows is that while McInnes isn't perfect, there isn't exactly a long list of people that immediately spring to mind who could do a better job (and would realistically come anywhere near AFC)

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I think everyone agrees this is the dilemma - we all like McInnes' consistency against everyone except Celtic, and we admire the slightly better record the likes of Lennon has against Celtic, but wouldn't like the lack of consistency he displays against everyone else. Clarke seems to be the one who can provide the best of both worlds. What it shows is that while McInnes isn't perfect, there isn't exactly a long list of people that immediately spring to mind who could do a better job (and would realistically come anywhere near AFC)
    This will always be the situation. Any obvious ready made replacement for any manager would already be a sought after man likely putting him out of our reach. Whenever we do have to look for a new manager we will have to take a chance on a young up and comer to move forward. Picking from the usual suspects will yield the expected results and land us right back at square one.

I hope that DM can just learn from the usual defeats to the tinks. In all honesty I think he is a bit too stubborn to do so and I also believe he does not have confidence in his team to set them up to win. Perhaps DM needs a sports psychologist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    That was a question 6 months ago in time.
    You’ve been dodging it this time.

Who by?
    I can’t recall anyone saying it was too big a step up.
    I recall some, including myself saying that it would be a risk and he is unproven.
    Remember Jack Ross was my 2nd choice at the time and would be a worthwhile risk should the Aberdeen role became available.

Interesting that he is underperforming at Sunderland, but let’s give him time.

I think Clarke is a good shout despite him failing o get the better of McInnes ouwith The Craig Thomson show debacle.
    I don’t think he is realistic though.

I’d be happy enough going for a foreign coach, especially one that doesn’t give a f*ck about Celtic.
    Any particular coach in mind or just any foreign coach.

QUOTE=Mason89;39096466]
    [/QUOTE]

We agree there.
    Last edited by afc1903mad; 27-12-2018 at 06:15 PM.

The board won’t be asking for my input when theres a decision to be made made. Which is a shame because I don’t think any of us would’ve given the gig to Alex Miller, Steve Paterson or Craig Brown
    I think the problem people have with wanting rid of McInnes is that the bar has been set really low by the managers you mentioned.

I really can’t see Milne getting rid of McInnes because his record against Celtic is poor,even if he did I can’t see him telling the likes of Clarke that he has to have a proper go at them simply because there is no real desire to from the board.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I think the problem people have with wanting rid of McInnes is that the bar has been set really low by the managers you mentioned.

I really can’t see Milne getting rid of McInnes because his record against Celtic is poor,even if he did I can’t see him telling the likes of Clarke that he has to have a proper go at them simply because there is no real desire to from the board.
    The board have only 1 ambition and that is to move the club to Kingsford.
    McInnes has a free reign at Aberdeen to do as he pleases...I compared him to another unsavoury character a while back as he also had a free reign to do as he pleased. The point being that they should have been pulled up about it from the off.
    Clarke would be a better manager than McInnes at Aberdeen...he would also have more fans on his side from the start. Milne is the real problem at our club though...if we want to improve he needs hounded out.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I compared him to another unsavoury character a while back as he also had a free reign to do as he pleased.
    Why the hell would you bring up that despicable, lowest of the low, incomprehensible association with our club.
    No true fan of their club would do so.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    The board have only 1 ambition and that is to move the club to Kingsford.
    McInnes has a free reign at Aberdeen to do as he pleases...I compared him to another unsavoury character a while back as he also had a free reign to do as he pleased. The point being that they should have been pulled up about it from the off.
    Clarke would be a better manager than McInnes at Aberdeen...he would also have more fans on his side from the start. Milne is the real problem at our club though...if we want to improve he needs hounded out.
    I have a fairly strongly held view that Kingsford only happens if the vast majority of the funding comes from shareholders and that Milne won't pony up so the money either comes from Cormack/Crotty or Kingsford doesn't happen. So here's a question for you. If the choice was stay at Pittodrie and be stuck with Milne (as Cormack has already said in public that he won't invest to stay at Pittodrie) or move to Kingsford and have Cormack as Chairman and major shareholder what would you choose?

Where is Kenny Shiels these days ?

I find that particular comparison a bit of a stretch myself but I’m pleased to see that nobody wants a *** case connected with AFC.

Changed days

Page 222 of 625 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast