+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 225 of 498 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 4975

Thread: Rangers Then, Sevco Now, Scotland's Shame Forever....

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    Comment of the week!!!!!!
    That sums up the feelings of most of us, we are heading towards being a shambles this season and for the foreseeable future if we don't even speculate in the slightest.
    Claptrap the money the Huns have spent on transfer fees would bankrupt us. Let alone the wages

Do they ever score any goals which would normally be disallowed??

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Claptrap the money the Huns have spent on transfer fees would bankrupt us. Let alone the wages
    But as a % of income, wehave spent far far less than sevco. We are not asking to compete with them £ for £, we can’t do that. But maybe 25p in their £ would show some ambition.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    But as a % of income, wehave spent far far less than sevco. We are not asking to compete with them £ for £, we can’t do that. But maybe 25p in their £ would show some ambition.
    How on earth are you ab!e to work that out without knowing the respective wages of the individual new signings. I would suggest the Huns are probably liiving beyond their immediate means although obviously i have no evidence to back up that statement. I would suggest that this is not a business model which we should be following. We tried for McGeoch and a couple of strikers we didn't get them. Not the manager of chairman's fault in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    How on earth are you ab!e to work that out without knowing the respective wages of the individual new signings. I would suggest the Huns are probably liiving beyond their immediate means although obviously i have no evidence to back up that statement. I would suggest that this is not a business model which we should be following. We tried for McGeoch and a couple of strikers we didn't get them. Not the manager of chairman's fault in my opinion.
    We spend diddly squat, Sevco speculate. Not sure anyone would doubt that. Whether it is above or below our means, you and I will never know.
    But, our team has regressed this year, their’s has progressed.
    I am not suggesting spending beyond our means, but all we hear is excuses. “Missed out on him, waiting on him, once guffland transfer window closes, etc.” Because of the conservative nature of our board, we are fighting for scraps.
    We are the equivalent of a lumbering centre half waiting for the ball to bounce in our favour, but them it takes a different bounce and we concede a goal. Whilst we point to the ref/linesman/team-mates complaining, the other side celebrates.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Our esteemed Chairman will be delighted by tonight’s result for the huns. We need a strong Rangers remember.
    Considine as well as he uttered those words too

I see Deano when asked if he was happy his son had left the hun answered "very get away from you mongs"

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    Comment of the week!!!!!!
    That sums up the feelings of most of us, we are heading towards being a shambles this season and for the foreseeable future if we don't even speculate in the slightest.
    I think its a tad premature to say its heading for a shambles. We have only had 3 competitive games, 2 of which we held a premier league club to a draw and the other one a draw against a team we are all getting worried over because they are doing well in Europe.

The fact is, the huns will outspend us and if they qualify for the group stages, even more so. I can see why folk are worried, we havent really made some big signings, however even without them we have still coped with what has been thrown as us. We are 2 or 3 good signings away from potentially a decent season ahead, however to say we are heading towards a shambles isn't close to the truth, at least not yet anyway.

I sometimes need to tell myself this as well, but we need to forget about what the huns are doing in the market. We cant compete there and the only reason we have bettered them in the league is because they have wasted money and brought in some duds. I really dont think that will be the case this season, so we just have to OUR best in the market and try to compete as best we can. Tryin to compare what we are doing with what they are doing is like trying to compare Celtics signings to Liverpools... its financial apples and oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    I think its a tad premature to say its heading for a shambles. We have only had 3 competitive games, 2 of which we held a premier league club to a draw and the other one a draw against a team we are all getting worried over because they are doing well in Europe.

The fact is, the huns will outspend us and if they qualify for the group stages, even more so. I can see why folk are worried, we havent really made some big signings, however even without them we have still coped with what has been thrown as us. We are 2 or 3 good signings away from potentially a decent season ahead, however to say we are heading towards a shambles isn't close to the truth, at least not yet anyway.

I sometimes need to tell myself this as well, but we need to forget about what the huns are doing in the market. We cant compete there and the only reason we have bettered them in the league is because they have wasted money and brought in some duds. I really dont think that will be the case this season, so we just have to OUR best in the market and try to compete as best we can. Tryin to compare what we are doing with what they are doing is like trying to compare Celtics signings to Liverpools... its financial apples and oranges.
    Sensible posts like that will not be tolerated by the usual suspects. Prepare to be chastised accordingly by the doom and gloom merchants.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Sensible posts like that will not be tolerated by the usual suspects. Prepare to be chastised accordingly by the doom and gloom merchants.
    Honestly, you lot need some new patter. Theres about 5 of you posting that very thing every single day

Page 225 of 498 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast