+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    My “reliable source” said it was £220,000.
    Pretty much spot on with that, considering the money we’ve thrown at other players in the past it has been proven to be a good bit of business, a decent loon that does his talking on the pitch.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Who are the 3 rated young Scottish players?
    Ferguson, McLean and Shankland.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Ferguson, McLean and Shankland.
    I agree with those 3 but I’m sure someone will tell you that McLean has never done well.

Mclean was pish, SaCK McHunISS!

That's the usual stuff posted.

Truth is that on the face of it, DM has been better for us than most of our previous managers. That's not to say he's the Messiah but FFS, we aren't exactly shopping in the managerial windows of Pep Guardiola etc so what else can we reasonably expect?

Yes, there will always be a Kilmarnock or a Hertz that have fantastic start to the campaign or have a great one off season but when you look at the stats, we have been consistently on the tails of Celtic by our 2nd places under DM when the much talked about financial gulf has been all too apparent in terms of wages and fees etc.

So we look to the cups and we have our chequered history of losing to lower league opposition. These days we bitch about losing to a financially dominant club in finals but at least we are consistently getting to them!

So overall, yes, DM is not a tactical genius and his signings are a bit hit and miss but whether by luck (which you need a bit of) or by judgement, we have managed a few 2nds and Europe and a cup and some finals. Not bad compared to the dross before.

Add in the dodgy ******* in Black and well, i think we have done okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    We’ll sign the grass
    I’d take him to be honest since we’re losing Lowe - which is a blow as he’s been excellent.

Trying to ignore my natural tendency to dismiss any links with anything Sevco related, Wallace is a top notch left back who would do a great job for us. Loan to end of season must be possible then maybe something permanent.

Keeps Considine out of there too. Sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by darrendons View Post
    Mclean was pish, SaCK McHunISS!

That's the usual stuff posted.

Truth is that on the face of it, DM has been better for us than most of our previous managers. That's not to say he's the Messiah but FFS, we aren't exactly shopping in the managerial windows of Pep Guardiola etc so what else can we reasonably expect?

Yes, there will always be a Kilmarnock or a Hertz that have fantastic start to the campaign or have a great one off season but when you look at the stats, we have been consistently on the tails of Celtic by our 2nd places under DM when the much talked about financial gulf has been all too apparent in terms of wages and fees etc.

So we look to the cups and we have our chequered history of losing to lower league opposition. These days we bitch about losing to a financially dominant club in finals but at least we are consistently getting to them!

So overall, yes, DM is not a tactical genius and his signings are a bit hit and miss but whether by luck (which you need a bit of) or by judgement, we have managed a few 2nds and Europe and a cup and some finals. Not bad compared to the dross before.

Add in the dodgy ******* in Black and well, i think we have done okay.
    You are not allowed to compare McInnes to the dross before him on here

He's either compared to the dross before or Pep Guardiola's budget gets a mention.

Oh yes you are.....the McAnus win ratio is not as good as McNeill, with this and McWinless only having the 2nd highest win ratio in the history of AFC, it is only fair that McHunnis should walk the plank and get a proper manager in to coach our team.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Oh yes you are.....the McAnus win ratio is not as good as McNeill, with this and McWinless only having the 2nd highest win ratio in the history of AFC, it is only fair that McHunnis should walk the plank and get a proper manager in to coach our team.

SF
    Not really a time for childish name calling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post

SF
    Win ratios mean nothing it’s winning trophies that count

Page 23 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast