+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyalty points and AberDNA

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Milne pleased with the contribution the fans are making to the DNA fund. Raised over £1m gross and after vat (20%) and other expenses the fans have around £600,000 for McInnes to spend.
    Nothing about the chairman himself contributing anything significant but let’s be honest and admit he will do nothing of a generous note whilst Aberdeen chairman.
    How much of the £600k goes to Rob Wicks for his bonus, or is that already covered in the "expenses"?

Milne pleased with the contribution the fans are making to the DNA fund. Raised over £1m gross and after vat (20%) and other expenses the fans have around £600,000 for McInnes to spend.
    Nothing about the chairman himself contributing anything significant but let’s be honest and admit he will do nothing of a generous note whilst Aberdeen chairman.
    It's a fantastic contribution from the fans and way way more than anyone would have expected. I've still to see any evidence that it has made any difference to business as usual but willing to wait and see where we are at the end of August.

With regard to the Chairman, I've said it before and will say it again, the proof of the pudding will be the funding of the new stadium, which will only be fully funded and therefore built if he puts many millions of his own money into a new share issue.

Do you have a breakdown of the funds?
    How many International, Premium, Standard and children members are there?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    With regard to the Chairman, I've said it before and will say it again, the proof of the pudding will be the funding of the new stadium, which will only be fully funded and therefore built if he puts many millions of his own money into a new share issue.
    The training facilities will be completed without any contribution of note (financial) from Milne.
    The new stadium itself will be delayed as he will make the excuse of the club struggling to fund the completion and give us a long spiel about standing on our own two feet for a long term benefit (even though he let Pittodrie become a shambles).
    He does though have a chance to prove us wrong and say for example the stadium is £10-15m short of funding he could just dip into his coffers and say I couldn’t let this happen to the good support of Aberdeen FC and the future of the club being in jeopardy so I will pay the balance myself.
    Nah....no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Do you have a breakdown of the funds?
    How many International, Premium, Standard and children members are there?
    Don’t be silly

If Milne had any shred of ambition he’d match the DNA money.
    He won’t.
    He’s been a disastrous chairman

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    If Milne had any shred of ambition he’d match the DNA money.
    He won’t.
    He’s been a disastrous chairman
    This is where the fans groups and the Dons Supporters Trust should come to be more vocal and demand the goodwill gesture from Milne. Put a bit pressure on on him by stating this publicly.

The training facilities will be completed without any contribution of note (financial) from Milne.
    The new stadium itself will be delayed as he will make the excuse of the club struggling to fund the completion and give us a long spiel about standing on our own two feet for a long term benefit (even though he let Pittodrie become a shambles).
    He does though have a chance to prove us wrong and say for example the stadium is £10-15m short of funding he could just dip into his coffers and say I couldn’t let this happen to the good support of Aberdeen FC and the future of the club being in jeopardy so I will pay the balance myself.
    Nah....no chance.
    One of the questions asked at dna last night was "if someone won the euromillions and donated it to AFC and you could buy any player who would you buy?" (I know, I know a pointless question). Quick as a flash Derek's response was "no matter how much that person won on euromillions it still would be less than the Chairman's worth". A not so subtle dig at the lack of investment from the Chairman???

One of the questions asked at dna last night was "if someone won the euromillions and donated it to AFC and you could buy any player who would you buy?" (I know, I know a pointless question). Quick as a flash Derek's response was "no matter how much that person won on euromillions it still would be less than the Chairman's worth". A not so subtle dig at the lack of investment from the Chairman???
    Milne and Derek are that far up each others @rses i would doubt it was a dig..... more like @rselicking.

McInnes wasn’t far from the truth then and maybe is frustrated at the lack of funding from our wealthy Chairman.
    Remember Milne can put money into the club and it doesn’t need to affect our general club cash flow as he can just personally gift cash.
    He doesn’t have to though which is evident but he should at the very least match the DNA total as after having W.Donald bail him out he can’t also have the general fans stumping up for transfer fee’s etc and then go home at night to count his own unspent cash.

Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast