+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Glass

An admittance that should NEVER have been allowed.

Far more deserving clubs, of long standing, deserved that vacant space.

To see people talk about relegation is madness. We played way more relegation style of football under McInnes for full seasons never mind after 8 games and we've been fine. The performances on the park have been significantly better than that. As frustrating as it has been so far, I still feel we'll pick it up and come good.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    He’s chairman, nobody likes chairmen.

I distinctly remember a crowd outside the players entrance at Pittodrie chanting Donald must go.

I’m still going to stick with any attempt not to play boring football.
    It was never going to be achievable overnight.

Surely nobody can be against Glass personally, if you think he’s not good enough then ok, but he deserves the rest of the season.
    I don’t think there’s any chance of relegation, if that changes then ask me again in February, but otherwise C’mon Glass min, you can do it.
    I’m pretty sure he’s not good enough.

Nothing personal against the boy - he was a good player for us in his day - but his repetitive comments and post match sound bites are also really beginning to get on my paps.

Dundee game is pivotal - if he can’t win that then I think he’s done. Not saying he’ll go then - Cormack’s ego will take a bit more pricking first - but in the circumstances if he can’t put a team out with the tactical nous, ability and desire to beat Dundee then he’s done.

Some good comments and analysis on here. I totally agree he’s put a team and squad together that are unable to play the style and tempo he wants. To be honest though, that type and quality of player simply doesn’t exist up here for a club of our means. Naive, even stupid to think otherwise tbh.

Win at Dundee, there may be a glimmer of hope. Lose he’s gone by Xmas or else we’re fuucked.
    Last edited by The_Moog; 05-10-2021 at 01:10 PM.

For my tuppence worth, I think we need to stand by Glass at least for this season. The football is better despite not getting the results. He has and will continue to make mistakes, as all managers do. Just think he needs to get a run of games where he has his best players available and things will come good.

I also think that, seeing that we don't appear to have decent wingers, we need to switch formation to a 3-5-2. Play the young full backs as wing backs as they are our best wide options anyway. Brown could drop into the back 3 as a sweeper if you like and get McRorrie into midfield to give us more presence and physicality. Then get Watkins up top with Ramirez and allow Hedges a free role in behind. Think that would then be a decent team in anyones book....surely?!

Woods/Lewis

Gallacher Brown Bates

Ramsay McKenzie

Ferguson McRorrie

Hedges

Ramirez Watkins

Quote Originally Posted by 8outoftencaat View Post
    For my tuppence worth, I think we need to stand by Glass at least for this season. The football is better despite not getting the results. He has and will continue to make mistakes, as all managers do. Just think he needs to get a run of games where he has his best players available and things will come good.

I also think that, seeing that we don't appear to have decent wingers, we need to switch formation to a 3-5-2. Play the young full backs as wing backs as they are our best wide options anyway. Brown could drop into the back 3 as a sweeper if you like and get McRorrie into midfield to give us more presence and physicality. Then get Watkins up top with Ramirez and allow Hedges a free role in behind. Think that would then be a decent team in anyones book....surely?!

Woods/Lewis

Gallacher Brown Bates

Ramsay McKenzie

Ferguson McRorrie

Hedges

Ramirez Watkins
    Agree with almost everything said here except Brown being in the CB position.

Woods/Lewis

Gallagher Bates McRorie

Ramsay McKenzie

Ferguson Brown

Hedges

Ramirez Watkins

The wheels are in motion already to replace Stephen Glass,it’s likely to be one of your out of work SPFL managers possibly until the end of the season.

Most of the players think he’s clueless apparently,including some of the ones he signed.

This of course, is something very few of us can know for sure.

If he has “ lost the dressing room “ then he has to go.

I would have to ask though, what the f’uck is Scott Brown doing.

I thought he was there to back Glass up.

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    Agree with almost everything said here except Brown being in the CB position.

Woods/Lewis

Gallagher Bates McRorie

Ramsay McKenzie

Ferguson Brown

Hedges

Ramirez Watkins
    My worry about your back three is that none of them can distribute the ball - Brown there might give us that and avoid 10-15 passes between the three of them before punting it forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewitt_Scores View Post
    My worry about your back three is that none of them can distribute the ball - Brown there might give us that and avoid 10-15 passes between the three of them before punting it forward.
    That was partly my thinking as well as the fact that Brown doesn't have the legs to play in a flat midfield 4, needs 2 or 3 others round about him in the middle to do the hard yards for him.

He has more than enough game intelligence to slot in there as a sweeper behind 2 markers. Allowing him to build from the back.

For what its worth I also think McGeough deserves more of a chance as well...

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    The wheels are in motion already to replace Stephen Glass,it’s likely to be one of your out of work SPFL managers possibly until the end of the season.

Most of the players think he’s clueless apparently,including some of the ones he signed.
    If that’s the case, Glass will be due a severance payment and appointing a manager who is, ahem, “between jobs” would undoubtedly be the cheaper option of the two. It begs the question though as to why that manager is out of work!? I think that the next 6 to 8 games will be pivotal and will ultimately lead to the demise of Glass (as a Manager!).

Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast