+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential new owners

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Agreed. The debt that Munto left us with has been problematic for both owners since.

In other news, looks like 'Scoop' has been hanging round the mad board again.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...t-know-2666829
    Think you're right there, gumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Think you're right there, gumpy.
    What is Scoop’s day job, because he can’t spend more than a few hours a week writing his stories for the Post.

This is why Munto happened and the Post was reliant upon Matt Scott at The Guardian for all of the behind-the-scenes news. Far more chance of someone like John Percy breaking the news of what’s really going on.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    What is Scoop’s day job, because he can’t spend more than a few hours a week writing his stories for the Post.

This is why Munto happened and the Post was reliant upon Matt Scott at The Guardian for all of the behind-the-scenes news. Far more chance of someone like John Percy breaking the news of what’s really going on.
    I think it was Rob Dorsett at Sky who brought us the Paragon in trouble news.

Though he did wrongly (for the moment) deduct that it would mean us going into administration.

Agreed. The debt that Munto left us with has been problematic for both owners since.

In other news, looks like 'Scoop' has been hanging round the mad board again.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...t-know-2666829
    Hashing over old news,trying to make a story.Pi$s poor journalist

Quote Originally Posted by placidpie View Post
    No player "walked away" from their contract at all. Only Sven really did that.
    If I remember rightly, Kasper agreed to terminate his contract when Ray Trew took over, as it was a particularly lucrative one, (for Kasper, that is).
    Last edited by countygump; 20-03-2019 at 06:31 PM.

I thought kasper did to save notts county we couldn't afford to pay his contract up or even sell him

If I remember rightly, Kasper agreed to terminate his contract when Ray Trew took over, as it was a particularly lucrative one, (for Kasper, that is).
    My memory is that Kasper agreed to terminate his contract on condition that we agreed not to ask for a transfer fee. That meant that any clubs interested could offer him a more lucrative contract because they got him for free. At the time it seemed the best way out of an awkward situation for all parties, with Leicester being the biggest winners. I repeat, this is only from memory and I am getting on a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    My memory is that Kasper agreed to terminate his contract on condition that we agreed not to ask for a transfer fee. That meant that any clubs interested could offer him a more lucrative contract because they got him for free. At the time it seemed the best way out of an awkward situation for all parties, with Leicester being the biggest winners. I repeat, this is only from memory and I am getting on a bit.
    No. His agent eventually agreed to terminate and there was no onward transfer fee, but he was paid off. Just not the full contract amount. It was still cripplingly significant. No player walked away at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    He moved to Leeds before Leicester.

This is what Wiki says:

On 27 April, Schmeichel and Notts County secured the 2009–10 League Two trophy and promotion for the Football League One with a 5–0 win against already relegated Darlington. Shortly before the game, it was announced that Notts County agreed to release Schmeichel at the end of the season despite having four years left on his contract. The reasoning behind this was financial: Schmeichel earned a reported £15,000 per week, having been signed during the brief ownership period of high-spending Munto Finance in the summer 2009. Schmeichel agreed to forgo all his future wages, something which chairman Ray Trew described as "a huge concession by such a young man".

Page 23 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast