+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Tam Courts - Yes or No

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Courts in - Yes or No

I guess it comes down to what you want to believe with regard to TA's interference with team selections. We'd all love to know if this even happens and if it did I don't think anyone on here would condone it or say it was sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    It does matter because it is so FN obvious that if Tam gets the job The Big Man runs everything at Tannadice including every signing and every team sheet.
    Why go to the bother of appointing a puppet,The Big Man should just tell us he is the new head coach,he will still be supported by some on here so he should just get on with it.
    He probably does run most things at Tannadice including signings , is that no his job? I would draw a line on him picking the team though. If he's involved with then we are truly up a creek withoot a paddle

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    He probably does run most things at Tannadice including signings , is that no his job? I would draw a line on him picking the team though. If he's involved with then we are truly up a creek withoot a paddle
    Yes he does have control of every department of the club including signing's,a Sporting Director's power is normally tempered by those above him ie the chairman but in the case of Dundee United with our chairman on another continent The Big Man is all powerful without putting a thin dime into the club.
    With Micky Mellon and his chosen assistant in the dugout we had people with massive football knowledge and managerial experience at the club who could defend their corner.
    IF Tam was appointed and say Aston Villa contacted Tony to say they wanted to watch a particular player on Saturday i do think that player would play even if the head coach had no intention of playing him.This would never happen under Micky,The Big Man would know not to even ask.
    That is where my main worry lies along with Tam being completely out of his depth at Premiership level,his post match interview after the defeat to Livingston was awful it was like listening to Cathro during his Hearts debacle.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 29-05-2021 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    Agree with this. Not for a minute do i think he has, or has any intention of, interfering on match days. The signings he should stay the f*ck away from. I mean, sourcing players the manager and the recruitment team have identified as areas of the team that need strengthened fair enough, but actually signing and handing out contracts (Harkes, Connolly & potentially Mulgrew) - no!!

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    i'm yet to see any evidence of this
    To be fair OA I have seen no evidence of it either.Don't know anything much about twitter and just took the fella on here's word for it when he said courts and others had to shut down accounts because of abuse.I f it's not true thats good the guy courts does not deserve any abuse just for applying for a job.The young guy that called us clowns getting it back well he asked for it if you call thousands of people clowns you have to expect some to get upset and others to react so he reaps what he sews.Don't know who the other guy you mention is the KPI guy or what he has done that you think he is getting the abuse for?

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Agree with this. Not for a minute do i think he has, or has any intention of, interfering on match days. The signings he should stay the f*ck away from. I mean, sourcing players the manager and the recruitment team have identified as areas of the team that need strengthened fair enough, but actually signing and handing out contracts (Harkes, Connolly & potentially Mulgrew) - no!!
    Yeah agree 100% with this if the manager has to make the teams and take the crap if they fail he should be picking the players we sign like it used to be.Don't understand why teams now have people signing players and managers having to make a team out of other peoples signings.

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    Yeah agree 100% with this if the manager has to make the teams and take the crap if they fail he should be picking the players we sign like it used to be.Don't understand why teams now have people signing players and managers having to make a team out of other peoples signings.
    It's done because the due diligence (looking at stats, footage, dealing with agents, et cetera) these days is a monumental effort and what you want your manager doing is coaching and preparing the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    To be fair OA I have seen no evidence of it either.Don't know anything much about twitter and just took the fella on here's word for it when he said courts and others had to shut down accounts because of abuse.I f it's not true thats good the guy courts does not deserve any abuse just for applying for a job.The young guy that called us clowns getting it back well he asked for it if you call thousands of people clowns you have to expect some to get upset and others to react so he reaps what he sews.Don't know who the other guy you mention is the KPI guy or what he has done that you think he is getting the abuse for?
    theres been nothing, Tam deleted his twitter account as news was breaking

theres been nothing aimed at him, all aimed at the appointment which is not his fault.

there was another analyst who was replying to fans regarding KPI's again, he wasn't abused, people just ripped the pish a wee bit.

Hardly disgusting behaviour...

I'm led to believe the manager still does have 'the final say' in signings - McNulty, Hoti, Fuchs etc. I'd love to know just how much pressure he's been on to make these particular signings though. I can't for a minute think MM thought Hoti was a good signing and ready to walk into the first team when we were crying out for an actual 'Premiership ready' midfield playmaker. As you say Brian, a manager should live and die by their sword, not someone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It's done because the due diligence (looking at stats, footage, dealing with agents, et cetera) these days is a monumental effort and what you want your manager doing is coaching and preparing the first team.
    Yet ironically our best signing last year was one the manager had done the due diligence on - Edwards.

Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)