+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 352 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays games.

Great result for Scotland today, play off place is ours to lose now

Superb! Been a long long time since Hampden was bouncing like that!

Was at game yest. Got in a wee bit late and missed Israel’s first goal. But what an atmospher and what a game! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Had everything VAR missed penalty offside goal Israel players flapping about all over the pitch like beached salmon. Traditional belting out of the mandatory Loch Lomond and 500 hundred miles at half time braw 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

That was some second half performance from Scotland. Superb stuff. Grit, determination, commitment and some excellent fitba.

They never gave up. So good to see our national team perform like this, one of the best performances I’ve seen in a long time. Excellent atmosphere also.

Yep agree with what's been said.
    I was disappointed and frustrated with how we played first half, and then Dykes being daft enough to try the same pen again, but the comeback was brilliant.
    When Gilmour started to carry the ball to them it opened up and every player stepped up their game.

Anyone rate Jack Henry? Clarke obviously does. Nearly cost us at 1-2 ball watching.
    Would anyone have said 3 years ago how much we'd miss Hanley.

Patterson had a shaky first half, cost us the first goal when he could have hit row z but got dispossessed. But a really good second half from him. Great to see Andy really commanding the captain's role too and finally getting the credit he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Anyone rate Jack Henry? Clarke obviously does. Nearly cost us at 1-2 ball watching.

Patterson had a shaky first half, cost us the first goal when he could have hit row z but got dispossessed. But a really good second half from him. Great to see Andy really commanding the captain's role too and finally getting the credit he deserves.
    Must admit there was a 5 minute spell where he seemed to be playing for Israel but as we ended up with the required result I’ll cut him some slack. Guys like him need the game time to gain experience and I think he’ll be better as he gets older.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post

Always thought Hendry was better than the number of appearances he has to his name at any level he has played at. I think that lack of game time will lead to the mistakes he made last night, but as long as someone is there to coach him, i think there is a solid player in there.

Patterson, as much as it pains me to say it, is some player and only 19! I can forgive him the mistakes for now, but he needs to be getting game time to keep improving.

Need a wee rant sorry but at least it is on topic under 'Today's games'. Am half watching (as much as I can put up with) Esp v Fra & players going down & staying down with **** all wrong with them is a curse of the modern game. And it's getting worse. It's far from being the only curse of the global sport but is one that does need addressed tho admittedly any solution is difficult & probably depends on the integrity of the individual player & a general dictate by the Club of DO NOT FEIGN INJURY. One could write screeds about it but for the moment it's safe to say that it is utter sh!te

Page 23 of 352 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)