+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 238 of 344 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 3440

Thread: General News Chat

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    my freedom.
    Make up yer mind min - are you biding in a colony or are you nae?

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Make up yer mind min - are you biding in a colony or are you nae?
    One refers to negative liberty .. Alcatraz - “The Rock” kinda thing. A lang story best told over a couple of pints but stemmed from my young Brither being lifted on a Wednesday night at parkheid in 1980. 1-3 the Dandies.

Lang stories over many pints.

My favourite hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    One refers to negative liberty .. Alcatraz - “The Rock” kinda thing. A lang story best told over a couple of pints but stemmed from my young Brither being lifted on a Wednesday night at parkheid in 1980. 1-3 the Dandies.
    I was there (the game, nae the totalitarian Strathclyde Dibble bruise cruise). I’ll never forget Strachan missing a penalty and then going Tonto deluxe when he scored our third in the second half. That was the night we knew that the league title was ours to lose, with many still assuming that we would, based on previous experience.

https://www.afcheritage.org/matches/...0&squad=Senior

St Mirren at hame, with the sooth terracing under development, Jutefûcks away on a night of brutal Tayside tarryhat action, Easter Road ❤️ (my best-ever day as a Red), and the wrap at Firhill.

What a time to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I was there (the game, nae the totalitarian Strathclyde Dibble bruise cruise). I’ll never forget Strachan missing a penalty and then going Tonto deluxe when he scored our third in the second half. That was the night we knew that the league title was ours to lose, with many still assuming that we would, based on previous experience.

https://www.afcheritage.org/matches/...0&squad=Senior

St Mirren at hame, with the sooth terracing under development, Jutefûcks away on a night of brutal Tayside tarryhat action, Easter Road ❤️ (my best-ever day as a Red), and the wrap at Firhill.

What a time to be alive.
    I seem to recall we put St Paisley away quite sharpish, did Rougvie score or a meringue?
    The jute away midweek job......1-1?
    I have a recollection of it being "active".
    Easter Road.....ah, fit fine.
    Didnae make Thistle, another 1-1?
    Meaning the league was clinched by a point rather than on goal difference.
    Happy days......

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I seem to recall we put St Paisley away quite sharpish, did Rougvie score or a meringue? Yes, the ex-Maroon and Scanlon, I think
    The jute away midweek job......1-1? Yes
    I have a recollection of it being "active". It was, especially on the way back to the station. Decent account of ourselves etc
    Easter Road.....ah, fit fine.my favourite ever day, even better than Gothenburg
    Didnae make Thistle, another 1-1? Affirmative. Strachan oot injured, went behind and an og to equalise. Dingus spewing his ring ower the Pittodrie car park fence when they arrived back hame
    Meaning the league was clinched by a point rather than on goal difference. I think we knew in Edinburgh though
    Happy days......
    Cups were fine, but the league was the jube-jube.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I seem to recall we put St Paisley away quite sharpish, did Rougvie score or a meringue?
    The jute away midweek job......1-1?
    I have a recollection of it being "active".
    Easter Road.....ah, fit fine.
    Didnae make Thistle, another 1-1?
    Meaning the league was clinched by a point rather than on goal difference.
    Happy days......
    I'm not one for envy, but I do envy folk who experienced first hand that title win back in 1980, when I was six.

I remember us winning it, but to have seen first hand any of the last few weeks of the run in...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I'm not one for envy, but I do envy folk who experienced first hand that title win back in 1980, when I was six.

I remember us winning it, but to have seen first hand any of the last few weeks of the run in...
    Us auld yins were very lucky to have been there at Aberdeen FC finest period, To be in the situation of going to a game and know we were going to win it ! that was the reality in those goalden years, I mind being 2-0 down to St Mirren at home and it didn't bother me a bit we went on to win 4-2.
    That day at Easter road I will remember forever. The night before I wasn't going I was stoney broke but woke up about 7am on that sunny May morning. Feck this ! I was at the brig O Dee about 9ish with my thumb out hitched all the way to Embra with just about dosh to get in got there about 1.30 ..Headed to Jingling Gordies where I knew some of my pals would be. Sure enough they were and looked after me brilliantly the rest is glorious history.

I tried to hitch to Hamburg for the first leg of the Super Cup.

I was pished though.

Boy in a mini stopped for me but sped off when I told him my destination.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

Boy in a mini stopped for me but sped off when I told him my destination.
    A hoary transphobe who doesn't like men in skirts?
    Last edited by Donanddusted; 10-02-2023 at 07:55 PM.

Page 238 of 344 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast