+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 238 of 299 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Diane Abbott’s career as a major political figure was effectively ended by her mistakes. She remains very popular within her constituency and has a huge majority but she has, I suspect, lost all credibility as a potential shadow cabinet or eventual full cabinet member. Raab on the other hand remains a contender should Johnson fall, or be pushed, onto his sword.
    I’m not actually a fan of DA and have groaned inwardly every time she has been wheeled out as a representative of Labour, but when you consider the number of ‘foot in mouth’ moments from the likes of Johnson, Raab and Gove the difference in reaction is considerable.

Suspect my ‘perspective’ is only significantly different to you, GP and Tricky...that’s just because you three are all Right of centre and I, I’m happy to say, am not.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Diane Abbott’s career as a major political figure was effectively ended by her mistakes. She remains very popular within her constituency and has a huge majority but she has, I suspect, lost all credibility as a potential shadow cabinet or eventual full cabinet member. Raab on the other hand remains a contender should Johnson fall, or be pushed, onto his sword.
    I’m not actually a fan of DA and have groaned inwardly every time she has been wheeled out as a representative of Labour, but when you consider the number of ‘foot in mouth’ moments from the likes of Johnson, Raab and Gove the difference in reaction is considerable.

Suspect my ‘perspective’ is only significantly different to you, GP and Tricky...that’s just because you three are all Right of centre and I, I’m happy to say, am not.
    Believe me rA, I think Raab has potential to do a lot more damage than Abbott, mainly because he’s part of the mob in charge and Abbott isn’t and hopefully never will be. But you didn’t answer my question, which I’m genuinely and innocently interested in

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Believe me rA, I think Raab has potential to do a lot more damage than Abbott, mainly because he’s part of the mob in charge and Abbott isn’t and hopefully never will be. But you didn’t answer my question, which I’m genuinely and innocently interested in
    Not sure how I haven’t answered your question other than the ‘sources’ bit.
    As I’ve said before, my ‘sources’ are, in descending order, the BBC, The Independent, Sky and the Guardian...together with a general awareness of what the other ‘papers’ say.
    It’s fair to say that both the Independent and the Guardian have been rightly critical of Raab however that’s not really, imo, the point.
    My point is that while Abbott was destroyed by the the ‘press’/vox pop of the time over such triviality as her shoes and the more serious matter of her failings re numeracy...Raab remains as both Justice Secretary and Deputy PM...and a proven liar remains as PM.

Can I just ask on top of that RA, with a comparison to the USA?

You have many many posts, slaughtering Trump in his presidency. Now Trump is not known for his charisma and like ability. I get that. But as a politician, he did a great deal for the US economy and to my knowledge foreign policy was problem free.
    Your issues with him, seemed more personality based, on the way he conducted himself.

Now I don't recall you slaughtering Biden once in his current circus of a presidency. Personally, I don't blame him, I think he's senile and in way over his head.
    But like Johnson, it seems there was a hardcore who would have voted for a chimpanzee to get rid of Trump.
    Is this what politics has stooped to?
    I'm not defending Johnson either. I want him gone now and replaced with more sensibility. But that certainly doesn't mean I'm advocating Starmer, as he's just as big a clown with charm.

I really should go to bed now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Can I just ask on top of that RA, with a comparison to the USA?

You have many many posts, slaughtering Trump in his presidency. Now Trump is not known for his charisma and like ability. I get that. But as a politician, he did a great deal for the US economy and to my knowledge foreign policy was problem free.
    Your issues with him, seemed more personality based, on the way he conducted himself.

Now I don't recall you slaughtering Biden once in his current circus of a presidency. Personally, I don't blame him, I think he's senile and in way over his head.
    But like Johnson, it seems there was a hardcore who would have voted for a chimpanzee to get rid of Trump.
    Is this what politics has stooped to?
    I'm not defending Johnson either. I want him gone now and replaced with more sensibility. But that certainly doesn't mean I'm advocating Starmer, as he's just as big a clown with charm.

I really should go to bed now.
    I think you wrer scattergunning a bit with that one TTR

Not sure how I haven’t answered your question other than the ‘sources’ bit.
    As I’ve said before, my ‘sources’ are, in descending order, the BBC, The Independent, Sky and the Guardian...together with a general awareness of what the other ‘papers’ say.
    It’s fair to say that both the Independent and the Guardian have been rightly critical of Raab however that’s not really, imo, the point.
    My point is that while Abbott was destroyed by the the ‘press’/vox pop of the time over such triviality as her shoes and the more serious matter of her failings re numeracy...Raab remains as both Justice Secretary and Deputy PM...and a proven liar remains as PM.
    It was the sources I was interested in.

I’ve revisited this post rA to try to work out why your perspective is so different to other posters.
    If last night’s result is anything to go by, it would appear that more voters share my ‘perspective’ regarding the Government’s handling of Covid than that of the ‘Three Degrees’ on here, AF.

If last night’s result is anything to go by, it would appear that more voters share my ‘perspective’ regarding the Government’s handling of Covid than that of the ‘Three Degrees’ on here, AF.
    Protest vote in what will remain a safe seat in the election. Not that the Dims will recognise that.

COVID is the tip of the ice berg and the final aggravation. Mainly down to double standards and the scare mongering/bullying.
    By far and away, the failure to deal with the boat invasion/ failure to deport/ Failure to deal with the EU decisively/ dodgy deals/ sudden green party wannabe's have been far more damaging.
    They will toss Johnson out and he will be replaced sooner than later.

The COVID situation was hard for anyone to deal with. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    But no way will anyone put up with being told what to do and then finding out it didn't apply to those doing the ordering.
    Johnson has no control of them it seems and it shows.
    I'd forgive lots, as there is no precedence. But after being told to lock down my xmas and finding out about Xmas parties. Well **** right off.
    But never mind the Tories, this is parliaments MP's in general. They believe most things don't apply to them. These are the same people who said it would be outrageous to make MP's have vaccine passports.

Is it safe to say, the despite the soap opera that everyone seems obsessed with, I actually think the government do a good job?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Is it safe to say, the despite the soap opera that everyone seems obsessed with, I actually think the government do a good job?
    That’s your honeymoon period over!

Page 238 of 299 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)