+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyalty points and AberDNA

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    McInnes wasn’t far from the truth then and maybe is frustrated at the lack of funding from our wealthy Chairman.
    Remember Milne can put money into the club and it doesn’t need to affect our general club cash flow as he can just personally gift cash.
    He doesn’t have to though which is evident but he should at the very least match the DNA total as after having W.Donald bail him out he can’t also have the general fans stumping up for transfer fee’s etc and then go home at night to count his own unspent cash.
    I'm all for Milne, Cormack and co putting money into the club to cover off the field activities i.e. stadium, but would be very wary of living outwith our budget on the field.
    That's just a downward spiral of living outwith our means which has a history of not ending up well for the clubs that adopted that short term strategy

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I'm all for Milne, Cormack and co putting money into the club to cover off the field activities i.e. stadium, but would be very wary of living outwith our budget on the field.
    That's just a downward spiral of living outwith our means which has a history of not ending up well for the clubs that adopted that short term strategy
    That’s not what I was saying. As a supposedly super rich Aberdeen fan (Milne) then he can finance any ambition he might have for the club by himself and not use the clubs money.
    He should pay for the stadium as we obviously don’t have the necessary funds available as it is his dream of moving us to Kingsford.
    No point saying otherwise just because you generally disagree with everything I write anyway. Milne is bad for Aberdeen FC and there is no other way of dressing it up.

The training facilities will be completed without any contribution of note (financial) from Milne.
    The new stadium itself will be delayed as he will make the excuse of the club struggling to fund the completion and give us a long spiel about standing on our own two feet for a long term benefit (even though he let Pittodrie become a shambles).
    He does though have a chance to prove us wrong and say for example the stadium is £10-15m short of funding he could just dip into his coffers and say I couldn’t let this happen to the good support of Aberdeen FC and the future of the club being in jeopardy so I will pay the balance myself.
    Nah....no chance.
    How many stadiums recently built have privately funded one individual?

That’s not what I was saying. As a supposedly super rich Aberdeen fan (Milne) then he can finance any ambition he might have for the club by himself and not use the clubs money.
    He should pay for the stadium as we obviously don’t have the necessary funds available as it is his dream of moving us to Kingsford.
    No point saying otherwise just because you generally disagree with everything I write anyway. Milne is bad for Aberdeen FC and there is no other way of dressing it up.
    If you want milne out then what businessman would want to replace him when the business model would rely on him pumping huge money in on an annual basis?

I don't disagree with everything you say.
    We've just agreed on the world cup thread and your post above I'm in agreement with.
    I agree he should cover the gap in financing for the stadium, but I disagree that we should over spend on our budget for players / wages.
    Thats what Rangers, The Diets, Gretna etc have all done in Scottish football and hugely suffered as a result.
    I would not want to put the club at risk because we have a short sighted dream.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I don't disagree with everything you say.
    We've just agreed on the world cup thread and your post above I'm in agreement with.
    I agree he should cover the gap in financing for the stadium, but I disagree that we should over spend on our budget for players / wages.
    Thats what Rangers, The Diets, Gretna etc have all done in Scottish football and hugely suffered as a result.
    I would not want to put the club at risk because we have a short sighted dream.
    The clubs you mentioned all had the money (debt) outstanding in the clubs name.
    McInnes stated recently that it would take approximately £20m investment to give Celtic a right go. How much cash did Celtic make last season from European football?
    Milne can self fund his managers ambition just using his own cash and not having a debt outstanding at the club. I know it will maybe be classed as a pointless discussion really as Milne doesn’t want to win the league or have a desire to fund McInnes to give him a real chance to topple Celtic.
    My point of this is why ask the fans to fund players when the man at the top has no ambition to topple Celtic? The chairman won’t throw his money away so why are the fans?

You lads need to give Milne a break.

He stood guarantor when things were bleak.
    That probably still gives him sleepless nights.

If I won £10million and put £5million into the club, how long do you think it would take me to go from hero to villain?

“If he’d put £9million in we would have won the league, c’unt would still be a millionaire “

Nah, rich people hardly ever actually use their own money, don’t expect him to.

Milne can do what he likes with his money. I just wish he did it as far away from AFC as possible.

The club he wants them to be has no resemblance whatsoever to the club when I started supporting them. On or off the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    You lads need to give Milne a break.

He stood guarantor when things were bleak.
    That probably still gives him sleepless nights.

If I won £10million and put £5million into the club, how long do you think it would take me to go from hero to villain?

“If he’d put £9million in we would have won the league, c’unt would still be a millionaire “

Nah, rich people hardly ever actually use their own money, don’t expect him to.
    That is fair enough but he didnt have to put his hand in his pocket.

He also didnt put his hand in his pocket to clear the debt he ran up, he left that to someone else.

I dont like Milne at all, his pandering to the Old Scum and complete lack of ambition for Aberdeen FC has been apparent throughout his tenure.

Finally, his running down of our Home has been a disgrace.

The guy is a clunt in my eyes and the w@nky shuttle bus arena just confirms it for me.

If he ran his company the way he runs Aberdeen FC he would be skint.

The clubs you mentioned all had the money (debt) outstanding in the clubs name.
    McInnes stated recently that it would take approximately £20m investment to give Celtic a right go. How much cash did Celtic make last season from European football?
    Do you really believe that?
    Is that just transfers or wages as well.\Thing is, if we went down that road, it would add pressure to increase the wages of the rest of the squad.
    I don't think £20M is enough in today's market and would add serious year on year pressure for the club with our turnover and profits

Milne can self fund his managers ambition just using his own cash and not having a debt outstanding at the club. I know it will maybe be classed as a pointless discussion really as Milne doesn’t want to win the league or have a desire to fund McInnes to give him a real chance to topple Celtic.
    That's what Vladimir Romanov tried at Hearts and they failed.\They were bankrolled by his bank, paying players unsustainable wages and it didn't get them the league.
    Yes, they got two Scottish cups in that time, but hardly increased their revenue from those wins.
    Hence it was unsustainable and when the party was finished they went into administration, got relegated and were fortunate they had a good youth system with decent players breaking through.

My point of this is why ask the fans to fund players when the man at the top has no ambition to topple Celtic? The chairman won’t throw his money away so why are the fans?
    Your referencing the AberDNA funds. Other clubs have similar systems and can be added as a revenue stream with a known income to affect the playing budget.
    Are you effectively saying the chairman should regularly increase the budget? Well thats possible, but again, there are numerous examples of when the gravy train stops, the clubs spiral down and get into financial trouble.

The only way to sustainably increase our budgets and revenue, is to grow the fanbase.
    The more people who come along and support the club, the better chance we have to sustainably be a challenge.

Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast