+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: FC Chikhura Sachkhere

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I suppose it’s a not bad result.
    But against a team like that we should be winning.
    Poor performance. Again.
    We SHOULD get through but Rijeka will easily beat us I’m afraid.

Plus point?
    Think Ojo will be a good addition once he’s up to speed.
    ^^^This again,i dont get why Ojo was getting slagged,thought he played well apart from pen,looks like a Ryan Jack type player that keeps ball moving,performance overall tonight was underwhelming again,still not convinced we've improved from last year but play Wilson up front instead of the donkey and we will improve

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    ^^^This again,i dont get why Ojo was getting slagged,thought he played well apart from pen,looks like a Ryan Jack type player that keeps ball moving,performance overall tonight was underwhelming again,still not convinced we've improved from last year but play Wilson up front instead of the donkey and we will improve
    I thought Ojo was poor , but I’m certainly not writing him off seeing as it was not only his first start for us , but also his first competitive game of the season.

And. I think the penalty against him was extremely harsh. The Georgian lad just turned into Ojo who literally could do nothing to avoid contact being made. And of course the lad threw himself to the ground as if he’d been shot

Agree with this post. Ojo will be good - he'll take the ball off the back 4, make himself available, take the ball under pressure, and keep it moving. My worry is that Bryson and Ferguson might be too similar to each other and neither is a creative player which I think is what we could do with in the middle. Also agree that Wilson up top instead of Cosgrove would improve the whole team in terms of style of play, retaining the ball, creating chances etc

Quote Originally Posted by actonsheep View Post
    To be fair to Cosgrove the one time we got players up and around him he played a great touch off to Hedges and we won a pen.
    I don’t think Cosgrove got a touch on the ball. Looked like it came off the defender , who I thought fouled Cosgrove in the process

Cosgrove is not a footballer, he is utter sh1te.

How anyone, let alone our manager can make excuses for him is amazing.

Folk with an eye for the game know Simmy.
    Considering it was his first game in 2 & a half months he did well.

Seldom gave it away, strong.
    Ryan Jack with a bit more dig.

IMO we need a right sided centre half & a centre forward (Wilson at 9).
    Penalties won’t mask the fact Cosgrove has no game intelligence or touch.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    The reason we don’t win games like that is because McInnes is too scared to lose.

Once we equalised we should have gone for the win but game management kicked in again.

Can’t wait to play like that against the cheeks next season.

Agree.
    They were there for the taking.
    But McInnes immediately puts the brake on.
    I noticed he was hollering for one of our defenders to kick it towards the corner when we had a free kick.
    There was still 7 minutes to go.
    If we were in Rijeka I’d understand it.
    We weren’t. Go for the win.
    He’ll never change though.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    If they look confident and easy on the ball then they should be told to go for it.
    That confidence could also come from the manager not say 'it doesn't matter if we don't win'. I know he probably doesn't say that behind the scenes but it didn't appear that tonight and I'd prefer it if he did say anything like that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    You say that but when the players are struggling to complete pretty basic passes like they did tonight then maybe it's worth holding back a bit.

If they look confident and easy on the ball then they should be told to go for it.
    I would say part of that is down to McInnes and his coaches.

It’s not the first time we have struggled to do the basics in a match and that’s with players that weren’t playing tonight either.

I think he asks the attacking players to do too much sometimes,it’s all very well expecting them to track back and help to defend but at one point tonight our only striker on the pitch was in the left back position helping to defend.

I have no problem with that in certain games in certain situations but it wasn’t a top European team we were playing tonight.

Imo we can't play with ojo Bryson and fergie as a midfield three unless fergie is going to play a lot closer to Cosgrove. They all want to collect the ball from the defense and really they should leave that to Ojo, who claims can pick a pass, and let him bring it forward.

If like to see Bryson dropped and go back to the 4-1-4-1 from the first game pushing fergie up further where Wright was playing. He is box to box player so let him do that

Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast