+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 240 of 421 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290340 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 4202

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Pretty sure the boy leigh is not going to be as good as Lowe, hopefully he is good though I'd be sick if Lowe ends up at timmy or worse huns

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    Pretty sure the boy leigh is not going to be as good as Lowe, hopefully he is good though I'd be sick if Lowe ends up at timmy or worse huns
    If he has similar attributes to Lowe and is a similar style of LB that will be a good start at least. Leigh started at a big club where very few youngsters ever actually break through - he dropped down the leagues and has played a lot of games, and has picked up experience abroad too, so he's an interesting signing. I liked Max Lowe and hope he goes on to have a good career - he was one of the few bright sparks last season and added some much needed excitement with his attacking play from LB. It's hard to know how far he can go - Maddison was struggling to get a game at Norwich when he joined us on loan and a couple years later he's arguably one of the top players in the EPL. I think Lowe could certainly be a very good Championship level player, but not sure he'll ever go much beyond that. Difficult for us to replace with similar quality but hopefully Leigh will do the business.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    If he has similar attributes to Lowe and is a similar style of LB that will be a good start at least. Leigh started at a big club where very few youngsters ever actually break through - he dropped down the leagues and has played a lot of games, and has picked up experience abroad too, so he's an interesting signing. I liked Max Lowe and hope he goes on to have a good career - he was one of the few bright sparks last season and added some much needed excitement with his attacking play from LB. It's hard to know how far he can go - Maddison was struggling to get a game at Norwich when he joined us on loan and a couple years later he's arguably one of the top players in the EPL. I think Lowe could certainly be a very good Championship level player, but not sure he'll ever go much beyond that. Difficult for us to replace with similar quality but hopefully Leigh will do the business.
    I wouldn't expect him to be better or the same as Lowe but maybe overall he can still offer as much. For example a different thing he can offer is that I notice a couple of his goals are headers from corners.

D31 (in a poor mans forum, & in another guise) suggesting we’re eyeing up
    McGeouch?
    Hmmm, can’t see it.
    Good player... but the perennial worry about injury is the main concern.

in the Herald tomorrow so normally others will quickly pick it up or dismiss it

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    in the Herald tomorrow so normally others will quickly pick it up or dismiss it
    Had it been Scott Burns or Michael Grant, I’d have given it more credence.
    The Herald isn’t known for its “scoops”.
    Good player but suspect he’ll give it another year at Sunderland (not forgetting he’s on about £8k per week).

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Had it been Scott Burns or Michael Grant, I’d have given it more credence.
    The Herald isn’t known for its “scoops”.
    Good player but suspect he’ll give it another year at Sunderland (not forgetting he’s on about £8k per week).
    They want to slash the wage bill so unless someone is going to give them cash and also match those wages, I could see another loan for us with an option to buy. We're not going to pay all his wages but we could maybe cut it in half for them. Doesn't look like Coutts at Sheffield United has found a club and I'm not sure if he'll be part of their plans in the Prem.

I'd be pleased with Coutts or McGeouch

We offered McGeouch a deal last year, will deffo be on his case atm.

SF

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...eouch-16499946

Wee bit at the very end, saying that there are two far higher earners who they'd maybe rather off load if possible.

Page 240 of 421 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290340 ... LastLast