+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 244 of 410 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 4096

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    It's very important to keep Fuchs even if he leaves for nothing next summer

It will sigficantly impact us to lose him going by the first two games, you have to factor in morale of the current team aswell, we saw that in 2015

Not worth it when we will be financially better off having a better season
    This all day long.

"Dundee United set to re-sign Marc McNulty as boss Tam Courts confirms talks ‘progressing pretty strongly"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...-strongly/amp/

Dundee United boss Tam Courts is hopeful Ilmari Niskanen can be one of his “reinforcements” before the transfer window shuts.

With just over two weeks to go until the end of summer trading, Courts says United are “getting closer” to doing a deal for Finnish winger Niskanen.

The 23-year-old, currently with Bundesliga 2 side Ingolstadt, has six caps for Finland and has been a target of the Tangerines’ for over a year.

Courts would like to add him to his squad, alongside a couple more, with Marc McNulty set to re-sign with the club, too.

“He’s one we like but we’ve got the work permit situation with him,” the Terrors gaffer said.

“We’re working our way through that at the moment but we’re getting closer.

“It’s a work in progress.

“Hopefully reinforcements are coming in soon.

“That’ll be linked to anyone that potentially does go out as well.

“In total, we wanted to make three or four signings and I still see that being the case having brought in Trevor Carson and Charlie Mulgrew.”

In terms outgoings, rumoured English interest in Jeando Fuchs (Peterborough United) and Jamie Robson (Lincoln City and Sunderland) is yet to emerge as anything concrete, according to Courts.

Both players were excellent in United’s 1-0 win over champions Rangers at Tannadice last weekend, with left-back Robson netting the crucial goal.

He continued: “I’ve not heard anything but I thought Jeando performed really well against Rangers last weekend.

“For a player that’s looking to build a profile, that was a great opportunity to show what he’s all about.

“I thought you saw he’s a match for anyone in the country on his day.

“Players like Jeando are going to attract a lot of interest – in the last year of his contract and with aspirations as an international player.

“As for Jamie, nobody’s met his valuation yet.

“It’s one that could progress but I don’t know if it’s imminent or not.

“There seems to be a bit of interest and, hopefully, the goal last weekend and his performance puts his valuation up a little bit!”

On the injury front, while Flo Hoti (heel) and Louis Appere (thigh) are progressing well in training and are in contention for tomorrow’s Premier Sports Cup last-16 clash at Ayr United, there is bad news about Logan Chalmers.

The kid winger had to limp off early in the second half of the Tangerines’ historic Rangers win, with boss Courts now saying the 21-year-old could be facing “a few weeks” out with a calf problem.

He commented: “We had a bit of bad news with Logan Chalmers and his calf.

“There’s a bit of a problem there and it looks like he’ll be out for a few weeks.

“It’s disappointing.

“There’s a few other knocks and niggles, Calum Butcher and Mark Reynolds, so we are a wee bit like the walking wounded just now.

“It’s the same guys going to the well every week just now but our performance against Rangers set the standard.”

Regardless of their injury concerns, Courts is targeting a win over Championship outfit the Honest Men as United hope to take a big step forward in their cup goals.

He added: “It’ll be a very tough game but the polar opposite from last weekend.

“Somerset Park is a tricky place to go.

“It’ll be blood, sweat and tears and the carrot of a quarter final is huge.

“We need to prove we can go to a completely different venue and really grind out a win.

“It’s huge for the club to have a cup run.

“I’ve said from the outset, we wanted to get through the group, be seeded and now capitalise on getting into the quarter final. That’s the target.”

Ach well, we'll maybe see Chalmers in February or something.

Interesting the difference in the way he talks about Fuchs and Robson. Totally reading between the lines and could be well off the mark but I think it does add credence to what shed_boy_21 was saying yesterday...

The thing is, even if it is true, the only way we'll find out is when the company accounts are released for the time period any transfer takes place. Unless the club tell us before that of course (pretty unlikely but you never know).

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Interesting the difference in the way he talks about Fuchs and Robson. Totally reading between the lines and could be well off the mark but I think it does add credence to what shed_boy_21 was saying yesterday...

The thing is, even if it is true, the only way we'll find out is when the company accounts are released for the time period any transfer takes place. Unless the club tell us before that of course (pretty unlikely but you never know).
    He states that fuchs is in the last year of his contract that to me would imply he has a contract with the club and is not just on a loan deal unless he means his contract runs out with people we are told he is contracted too if so we should sign him for nothing once his contract with them runs out think we could sign him on a pre contract at christmas.Really don't believe we only have him on loan from this company though.

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    He states that fuchs is in the last year of his contract that to me would imply he has a contract with the club and is not just on a loan deal unless he means his contract runs out with people we are told he is contracted too if so we should sign him for nothing once his contract with them runs out think we could sign him on a pre contract at christmas.Really don't believe we only have him on loan from this company though.
    Or he has a long term contract with Revolution Sports and the contract TC is referring to is between us and them. As I say it's highly unlikely well ever find our the truth of the matter to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Or he has a long term contract with Revolution Sports and the contract TC is referring to is between us and them. As I say it's highly unlikely well ever find our the truth of the matter to be honest.
    I'm struggling to understand how that can be the case though given third party ownership is banned by FIFA and has been since 2015 or whenever. Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I'm struggling to understand how that can be the case though given third party ownership is banned by FIFA and has been since 2015 or whenever. Or am I missing something?
    I actually agree with you, it seems highly unlikely. I just thought it was interesting the way he talked about the interest in Fuchs and Robson was quite different. Of course it could be we just haven't had any actual offers for Fuchs but have for Robson
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 13-08-2021 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    This all day long unless we are breaking FiFa rules and think we will hear soon enough if we are personally think it is just mischief making.

Page 244 of 410 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)