+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: King Luke to Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Question is, who becomes caretaker?
    Alves, Weal or this guy

Name:  download.jpeg
Views: 1278
Size:  7.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Why would he leave Barrow for us?

I think we are all aware that the bros will likely pull an unknown rabbit out of the hat
    Because we've double the gates, well located, not out on a limb and because we're a bigger club with more potential than Barrow.
    It would be a decent move for Pete Wild the problem is his style of football isn't anything like the Bros seem to want.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    So ‘the project’ and working for the future means nothing now, not surprised in the slightest. Thank you for a wonderful season Luke, all the best, but you’re no different from anyone else….more fool me.

Hope Swansea get relegated and you realise, again, how good you had it at Notts.
    Would you say this if we were 4th from bottom or would you want him sacked ???

You see fans cant have it both ways and winning matches attracts higher jobs.

All people try to get as high as possible and financial security.

So ‘the project’ and working for the future means nothing now, not surprised in the slightest. Thank you for a wonderful season Luke, all the best, but you’re no different from anyone else….more fool me.

Hope Swansea get relegated and you realise, again, how good you had it at Notts.
    It would be hilarious if he does go, they ship loads of goals that sees them go down and we meet in league 1 🤣 sadly, it'll be Burchnall all over again as their board will pull the trigger.

Some people have principles as well & what they say they mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    It would be hilarious if he does go, they ship loads of goals that sees them go down and we meet in league 1 🤣 sadly, it'll be Burchnall all over again as their board will pull the trigger.
    Or gets sacked quicker than Rooney at Birmingham. They aren't going to have the patience for him to implement his style, especially if they lose 2 or 3 straight away

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post

Or gets sacked quicker than Rooney at Birmingham. They aren't going to have the patience for him to implement his style, especially if they lose 2 or 3 straight away
    That thought crossed my mind as well, takes time to implement his style.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Alves, Weal or this guy

Name:  download.jpeg
Views: 1278
Size:  7.0 KB

Anyone who wants to be here.

Why would he be any different? I think it's bonkers to think he would be. He is a professional coach, not a fan (of any particular club). He's ambitious, we're ambitious and the arrangement worked well to both of our advantages. Now he is going to bigger and better things (and near his family), and good luck to him. We are in a better position than we were too and will be a more attractive proposition as a result, particularly as our last 2 managers were poached by clubs a couple of tiers above us.

I hope our next arrangement is as profitable, but I'll be under no illusions, it is a transactional business arrangement and no more. Once one party or the other believe that the opportunities elsewhere are better the arrangement will end and we will move on again.

Having watched my company screw over hundreds of people at my old site, who loyally worked all hours during the pandemic, I won't criticise anyone for taking an opportunity if it arises. Notts wouldn't blink twice in sacking him if results went against us, so this is just the other side of the coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    it is a transactional business arrangement and no more
    I don't think football fans devote entire lifetimes, limitless time and money, run the full gamut of emotions for transactional business arrangements.....it's much more of a visceral experience so when someone important walks out mid-contract I think it's much more fun and rewarding to be as petty as possible

Page 25 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast