+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Off season transfer rumours/potential signings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Interesting but we're full of Matts.
    Yes, better we gloss over that

Looks like he’s going to Colchester. We really need to sort out the GK situation as it feels a right mess. TW by sounds of it was let go and probably understandably as we haven’t seen any improvement in that department.
    Brookes was doing well at Rochdale but when he went on international duty they got a loanee in and then he couldn’t get back in for the last few games, is he ever going to be ready? We know SS was suppose to be there as a No2 but ended up playing and 2 managers don’t seem to think Stones good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Looks like he’s going to Colchester. We really need to sort out the GK situation as it feels a right mess. TW by sounds of it was let go and probably understandably as we haven’t seen any improvement in that department.
    Brookes was doing well at Rochdale but when he went on international duty they got a loanee in and then he couldn’t get back in for the last few games, is he ever going to be ready? We know SS was suppose to be there as a No2 but ended up playing and 2 managers don’t seem to think Stones good enough.
    Would be a great signing for them. He hasn't played much for a 29 year old, but did well for Pompey and Hibs before that and was Arsenal's number 2 briefly so he clearly has talent. Sounds like a Notts type of signing in regards to a player who has under achieved and needs some stability.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I think the Rochdale fans’ response to Brooks was quite telling: no rave reviews or sense that they’d got a gem of a keeper (a la us and Patterson). I’d be very surprised if we don’t send him out on loan again for the first half of next season after giving him a bit of game time pre-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Interesting but we're full of Matts.
    Welcome them,one and all !

Another article on what we all fear.
    https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fo...ty-jodi-jones/

This the bit that caught my eye
    "Williams has strayed away from his favoured 3-4-3 system at Notts County in favour of a more balanced and defensively solid 4-2-3-1 formation at Swansea."

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Another article on what we all fear.
    https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fo...ty-jodi-jones/

This the bit that caught my eye
    "Williams has strayed away from his favoured 3-4-3 system at Notts County in favour of a more balanced and defensively solid 4-2-3-1 formation at Swansea."
    Pity he didn't see the light, or have the players, to do that when we started to slip. Wonder if he was under pressure to play in a certain way and no other?

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Matt Macey - 6'7" GK, 29, ex-Arsenal, just left Pompey on a free.
    Is he any good..?

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I think the Rochdale fans’ response to Brooks was quite telling: no rave reviews or sense that they’d got a gem of a keeper (a la us and Patterson). I’d be very surprised if we don’t send him out on loan again for the first half of next season after giving him a bit of game time pre-season.
    From what I read his distribution was terrible and he couldn't command his own area, very similar to our current keepers. He's nowhere near ready to be a first team keeper at this level and won't ever be unless he significantly improves.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    From what I read his distribution was terrible and he couldn't command his own area, very similar to our current keepers. He's nowhere near ready to be a first team keeper at this level and won't ever be unless he significantly improves.
    If Brooks was any good, he would of been given an opportunity by now given the mediocrity of our keepers. I do think to some degree we've kept him out of sentiment. I'd rather we get rid, if a succession of managers can't give him an opportunity then clearly he isn't the answer in the short term. The short term is what matters in the GK position. Weal added absolutely no value, clearly indicated by the fact Stone went backwards and we had to call on Mrs Slocombe who's as timid and as nervous a keeper I've seen in 50 years at ML. Getting the GK position right is more important imo than the desperate need to employ proper defenders.

Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast