+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Yeovil Town 23.03.21 [NL]

Mark Stallard is spot on with everything he says and reads these games like the pro he is.
    C'mon Mark throw your cap into the ring and get on the management merry go round..

Fingers crossed a Wembley appearance and our first silverware In years. He better not play his cronies in the final!! He should stick with the majority of the team that got there!

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Can’t see any way of us winning the league now. Too hit and miss and Sutton so far ahead of us they’d need an epic implosion for us to have any chance. Aim now is to get as high in the play-offs as possible but I can’t see us being top 3 - very disappointing as that’d be lower than last year, where third was exceeding expectation after the summer we had imo. Let’s win the semi on Sat and have another Wembley final to look forward too - maybe some of us there - and hope for a return trip for the play-off final.
    14 points behind and only a single game in hand on Sutton. We need a Munto-esque run.

Let’s be right about it, that was going nowhere until Enzio’s bit of inspiration.

Simply carrying too many passengers and simply not good enough to get promoted.

‘Got out of jail’ and ‘papering over the cracks’ are expressions that spring to mind. So many poor performances tonight. Slocombe couldn’t even throw the ball out! The midfield three were all poor. Don’t know how the manager knew which one to take off 😂

It's difficult to see us getting close to top place now, so the aim must be to finish as high as possible in the play-offs and avoid the first round, like we did last year. My hunch is that the owners will give it the full season and see whether we can bag either the FA Trophy or promotion or both before they make any decisions on the manager. That won't satisfy some fans, but after years of knee-jerk, hire 'em fire 'em chairmen I'm fairly well disposed towards the calm, no panic approach of the Reedtz's.

If we win all of our remaining games by playing crap and getting wondergoals will anybody mind? They can paper over the cracks all they like if we can do that

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    ‘The midfield three were all poor. Don’t know how the manager knew which one to take off 😂
    Err...check birth certificates, any one of them not named 'Doyle'

Quote Originally Posted by The_Pie_Man View Post
    A point is obviously better than nothing, but it doesn't change my view - Ardley is a failure and I have zero confidence he will get us out of this division
    I feel the same. Was tonight a good, average or bad result? It will be seen as good by some because we saved a point after going two goals behind, average by some because an away draw isn't a bad result, and poor by some because of the other results. It's only one game, but I see it as disappointing. If the target is a playoff place you could make a case for it being good, but that is a very low bar for me. I just don't see us as a promotion team, because our points total is probably more than we deserve on performances.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    If we win all of our remaining games by playing crap and getting wondergoals will anybody mind? They can paper over the cracks all they like if we can do that
    No.

Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast