+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 254 of 349 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Can you see where you said "not really sure"

Surely that's not too difficult for you is it?
    Ok. So I think its the phrase 'So not really sure the point you're making.' Im guessing youve picked up on it as being a kerrism.

Maybe you should pause for a momemt to think why I used it in a reply to kerr.

Kerr loves his put down lines. He aims them at me all the time. He used this classic to me earlier 'You spoil good arguments with very poor points.'

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Ok. So I think its the phrase 'So not really sure the point you're making.' Im guessing youve picked up on it as being a kerrism.

Maybe you should pause for a momemt to think why I used it in a reply to kerr.
    You'd be right I have picked up on a Kerrism
    If you're suggesting that you used the term as a a put down I'd be more inclined to believe that had you not asked "What you on about"
    However he uses put downs in a most condescending arrogant way to almost everyone so we agree on that I think

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    You'd be right I have picked up on a Kerrism
    If you're suggesting that you used the term as a a put down I'd be more inclined to believe that had you not asked "What you on about"
    However he uses put downs in a most condescending arrogant way to almost everyone so we agree on that I think
    It is of no concern to me whether you believe me or not.

Maggie ****ed our steel industry long before GC got their hands on it. The only way back for our steel industry is to nationalise it and use it in our own internal projects.

Cheap labour abroad, subsidised energy, 50 people for every vacancy, it didn’t matter who was in charge tbh

Our strong point was the production of special steels and niche markets, which we sold to foreign owners.

Irony is locally steel works were bought by Indian companies, a country we sent (and still do) millions of pounds of foreign aid.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    You reckon that British Steel - a company that changed hands for £1 - could have secured bank loans at 4%... You don't think a bank might have spotted the risk involved in a loan to such a company and have charged for carrying that risk, if it was willing to lend to it at all?

You spoil good arguments with very poor points.

I'm with Howdy on this British Steel was a lame duck.
    The way the banking industry performed before the crash they were totally inept at spotting anything & probably still are

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    It is of no concern to me whether you believe me or not.
    I don't believe you mean that!

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Cheap labour abroad, subsidised energy, 50 people for every vacancy, it didn’t matter who was in charge tbh

Our strong point was the production of special steels and niche markets, which we sold to foreign owners.

Irony is locally steel works were bought by Indian companies, a country we sent (and still do) millions of pounds of foreign aid.
    The best description of the downfall of British Steel that I have heard over the last 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    The best description of the downfall of British Steel that I have heard over the last 30 years.
    Me too

Page 254 of 349 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304 ... LastLast