+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Gillingham 09.02.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    Four in a row in all competitions
    And apparently the first time Wrexham have failed to score at home since November 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    A very good win for LW away at 6th placed Hull.
    How so ? According to some on here he's a lucky chancer on his way out.
    Pleased for you Luke

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Looks like they'll be taking one of the automatic spots along with Stockport. While w're probably in a battle to try and snatch 7th along with a hand full of other teams. Still plenty of points to play for but we need to get back to winning ways on Tuesday but Newport look like they've picked up recently including beating Wrexham.
    Hope so I had £80 on them at 7/2 after that game they pumped us at ours

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Mourning period now LW has gone haha/ What is is that people dont get, we were on a downward spiral with LW, then he jumps ship without showing any ability the could turn it around. Now some fans think he was so grweat they absolve LW off all responsibility, and we are losing now because he has gone. The delusion is unbelievable
    I’ve mentioned previously that the first game of the season away against Sutton was where the alarm bells were ringing for me in terms of our defensive frailties. At the time it was a one off game but time has proven that it was not a one off as all we have to do is look at the amount of goals conceded and see that it is way too high. It is the one key lesson we have to learn from this season that throughout the team we have to be better at defending, but also in and around our own box.

We also have to learn to be a bit league two streetwise as well next season. Last night is an example whereby in the coming seasons going 1-0 ahead at home against a side like Gillingham will mean at worse we get a draw or battle out and grind out a 1-0 win.

The fact the opposition are not getting many chances is a good thing and comes from us having a lot of possession. The worrying and concerning thing is teams are having very few chances but we are being punished every time for it. Mansfield was an example, Gillingham another. We simply have to be stronger, and better when out of possession at stopping teams getting goals from so few chances.

That’s the difference right now between us and the likes of Mansfield and dare I say goal shy Gillingham. They find a way to win or get points and are more league two savvy so to speak.

Like I’ve also said before with our philosophy we’ve got to improve our own game so the machine of the team is able to operate how it did in the National League but against League Two teams. That may take one, two or even three summers to get to that point like it did in the National League.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    How so ? According to some on here he's a lucky chancer on his way out.
    Pleased for you Luke
    Agree with this. If anyone deserves success it's Luke. Pleased for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyretfordpie View Post
    I think you'll find you're very much in the minority and to say they daren't comment on here because of the abuse they'll get proves how delusional you are!
    Not at all -just when you dont agree with some people they start throwing insults - happens in all areas of life

Quote Originally Posted by ladyretfordpie View Post
    I think you'll find you're very much in the minority and to say they daren't comment on here because of the abuse they'll get proves how delusional you are!
    Also plenty of people have backed my view that LW had succrss handed to him on a plate with the set up and players he had in Tier 5. And more recently the slump was already happening before LW left, not because LW has left have some who idilise him try to claim

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526