+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Incoming transfers?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    So, by that logic we must assume that TS has made the funds available which he hasn't always done in the past.
    It's an interesting change of heart because according to both TS and SE the parting of the ways last time around came because of a disagreement over recruitment policy.
    Presumably SE has made it quite clear what he will need this time so hopefully everything will continue to go smoothly on the transfer front.
    It looks like he’s going the extra mile this time round.

When hasn’t Tony Stewart made funds available in the past? ASD contribute significant sums in sponsorship and the profit and loss reserves show losses in the millions.

RU Estates get rent but the stadium isn’t paid for yet.

Where is all this money?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    So, by that logic we must assume that TS has made the funds available which he hasn't always done in the past.
    It's an interesting change of heart because according to both TS and SE the parting of the ways last time around came because of a disagreement over recruitment policy.
    Presumably SE has made it quite clear what he will need this time so hopefully everything will continue to go smoothly on the transfer front.
    Or maybe he has always made the money available but the manager wanted to be cautious and not risk depending it?

A keeper who might be worth looking at is Callum Burton - former Plymouth keeper rated by them and currently available on a free transfer - 27 years old and my former colleague who follows them said he really rates him but their superhero Cooper kept him out of the side for a while

It's a bit quiet this morning 🙂

So are you guys feeling more confident for next season and your chances of getting back into the Championship? You’ve certainly made a good start in recruiting some good, tried and tested experience at this level. I suspect not many of them would do for you if you did make it up but SE is obviously doing a Warne for Derby and signing experienced players to just get you there. We slipped up badly losing to Oxford and it was a missed opportunity because I think L1 is going to be a big challenge this season with some of the teams in there. Both Brum and Huddersfield will be up there and who knows how much money the wealthy owners of Wrexham and Stockport will be willing to invest and that’s before the likes of Wanderers, Barnsley, Posh and Blackpool who will all be confident. Will the likes of Charlton finally put in a charge and can the likes of Lincoln with their good young manager and even Stevenage without SE challenge again? It’s going to be a cracking season but I think the most competitive for years. I’m hoping for us Evatt can find the one or two we need to add a bit of bottle to a squad that was just too weak when it mattered last year but I’m certainly looking forward to coming to the New York and hoping we do better than our most recent visits? ��

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyWhites View Post
    So are you guys feeling more confident for next season and your chances of getting back into the Championship? You’ve certainly made a good start in recruiting some good, tried and tested experience at this level. I suspect not many of them would do for you if you did make it up but SE is obviously doing a Warne for Derby and signing experienced players to just get you there. We slipped up badly losing to Oxford and it was a missed opportunity because I think L1 is going to be a big challenge this season with some of the teams in there. Both Brum and Huddersfield will be up there and who knows how much money the wealthy owners of Wrexham and Stockport will be willing to invest and that’s before the likes of Wanderers, Barnsley, Posh and Blackpool who will all be confident. Will the likes of Charlton finally put in a charge and can the likes of Lincoln with their good young manager and even Stevenage without SE challenge again? It’s going to be a cracking season but I think the most competitive for years. I’m hoping for us Evatt can find the one or two we need to add a bit of bottle to a squad that was just too weak when it mattered last year but I’m certainly looking forward to coming to the New York and hoping we do better than our most recent visits? ��
    To be honest with you, even with the experience I suspect this season will be harder to get up.

The ingredients are all there, even the squad as is now would do well. We need some width unless we're going for my preference on 4-3-1-2 but overall I think what we have now is certainly already stronger than last year.

Under Warne we came close on 2/3 attempts at survival, loosing our to final cheaters who ended up paying the price. Last year and arguably Warnes first partial season are the only collapses in the last 10 years. That's 4 promotion seasons, 3 almost there ones the Championship.

I actually think there's more attacking power in this squad than we've had since Derbyshire was here. We've got very, very experienced defenders who I think could do a job in the league above more so than what we had last year.

If we got up would it be Survival? Not sure. Collapse? No.

Evans is building for this year. The two year deals mean if we do go up, and two or three need releasing we can do it without paying through the nose. Equally if it takes us this and next season to do it, so be it. Still gives us flexibility to make changes.

Its going to be a fascinating year but I think people talking as though we are going to curb stomp teams is a bit... Premature.

Wouldn't be shocked to see us walk it either.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyWhites View Post
    TBH were not even close to halfway signing what we need to make a squad. Think it was 17 players that played last season who have left.
    The team we have ATM most have a case to be starters. I recon SE will bring in at least 8 more players

A lot of players left we have replaced a third so far, it is excellent we have done that because it tells the agents and other players that we are worth considering over other teams. We need some pace in wide areas and cover at centre back. I was very pleased that Evans and the club said to all those players that didn't want to play last season you are not good enough for us. There is a lot of work to do but we are off to a great start.

Derbs, watch it all kick off again next week as the majority that Evo’s chasing will have had their hols and will be looking for their next contract asap before others get in before them.

dvertiser Sport
    @rothtisersport
    ·
    2s
    Summer signing n.6 arrives at #rufc. Midfielder Joe Powell from Burton Albion. Left-footed midfielder, creative, started out at West Ham. Aged 25, two-year deal.

Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast