+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 and the Media

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    A BMW 320i PETROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Do you have an indicator switch with that model? 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Do you have an indicator switch with that model? ��
    Don’t be silly...this is Tricky we’re talking about...he only ever moves to the right.

In Birmingham in the 70s and 80s, BMWs were known as Black Man's Wheels.................

Hey MA were you in Brum in the 70's too? I was between 73 and 79 when at university and then first job?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    In Birmingham in the 70s and 80s, BMWs were known as Black Man's Wheels.................
    I only seem to recall them as "beamers" but now you mention it, maybe they were "BAMErs" in a west midlands accent....

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Do you have an indicator switch with that model? ��
    no, you don't need one.
    You lower your blast shield and use the force.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Close, it was also because of Bob Marley & Wailers

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I only seem to recall them as "beamers" but now you mention it, maybe they were "BAMErs" in a west midlands accent....
    Yam stop taking the piss, our kid.

According to the DT someone’s worked out the final standings for the top divisions on a PPG basis.

Obviously Liverpool would finish as Champions. More interestingly perhaps, Wolves, Arsenal and Spurs would miss out on the top six but Sheffield United would finish 6th...what a great season they’ve had. Wolves too, if Man City’s ban is upheld, so still hope for recently promoted sides.

In the Championship...we’d finish 12th, while Leeds, WBA and Fulham would take the top three spots and Forest would have finished...oh, who cares about them anyway?
    At the bottom, last season’s three promoted sides, Charlton, Luton and Barnsley were deemed the teams to be relegated and replaced by Coventry, Rotherham and Wycombe...so generally three easier away journeys and I can’t recall ever seeing Wycombe Wanderers in ‘the flesh’ before.

Seems about right to me, although I’d prefer them to have worked it out on home and away ppg rather than just existing general ppg which is what I think they’ve done.

Haven’t studied it all and don’t intend to, but from what I do know...Liverpool were beyond ‘odds on’...Leeds and WBA we’re unlikely to miss out again and 12th is about right for us given our away form and the dire straits we were in at one point.

P.S. Joining us from the Prem would be Bournemouth, Villa and Norwich.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 01-05-2020 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Hey MA were you in Brum in the 70's too? I was between 73 and 79 when at university and then first job?
    Not me GP. My late brother who attended Teacher Training School there from, IIRC, 67 to 70 and taught in and around Brum from then on until illness forced his retirement in the mid 90s.

Page 27 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)