+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Match Thread vs. Woking 02.10.21 [NL]

The one straw we can clutch at, I think, is that you can see how having Rawlinson or Cameron in there (or both, ideally) would mean there’s a good chance of avoiding the first three goals.

Totally agree with Anticlough on Francis, by the way. You need a holding midfielder. He’s been patchy, but has to be one of the first names on the teamsheet because he’s the only player we have (unless Vincent can) in that position.

Still think our best formation is 3-5-2.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Highlights up on YouTube

https://youtu.be/t0N0tk7-diU

Very tidy goal by Ruben, the rest is a tough watch.
    Brilliant assist from JOB too

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Brilliant assist from JOB
    Yep, absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post

Still think our best formation is 3-5-2.
    My objection has been the lack of a promotion-level RWB. And I'll stick to saying that, we won't get top or top 3 by entrusting all our play down an entire flank to DKE, Brinds or Nemane (will we ever see him there? I don't think so). But if the extent of our ambitions was scrambling into the play-offs, then those options might be enough.

On the last commentary, I noticed Charlie Slater said he thought Brindley would be our best RWB.
    Personally, I think this misunderstands/overestimates Brindley. I think he lacks the MOTOR to bomb up and down the wing all game. He's a quality over quantity player. He can look immaculate in that right CB position when the play comes to him. And think about this, a player whose main trade is Full-back, proves himself to be a high-level right-sided CB. And now we want him to be a buccaneering, promotion-level right-winger as well!!! What would a player who can do all that be doing in the NL?! He might pull it off for a few games, but over the 35 games we have left? I don't think so. DKE is the best of a short list of bad options I'm afraid. Recruitment really let IB down on this. Pity as we have the CB options to suit the 3 really well.

Short of the club bringing in a better RWB option right now, I think IB needs to stick to the 4-2-3-1. More chopping and changing is going to start causing us additional problems, and I think we have enough of those already.
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 05-10-2021 at 11:29 AM.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627