+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 59 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfers & Rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    As you said, you've seen very little. Not only is it not fair it is very wrong.
    It's because he doesn't chase lost causes into the channels and get into battles with defenders like Mullin does (and is extremely good at fwiw). What Wrexham fans miss on that is that he doesn't do that because LW actively coached him not to but to focus on just being in position to score goals - which you'd have to say has worked out quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post
    I'm not sure he would either. As we set up now that is. We play Fletcher/Palmer or Dalby with Mullin.

He's a great goal scorer clearly, but beyond that he does very little from what I've seen (that might not be fair as I don't see him every week), so the role alongside Mullin, well I don't see it.

The general vibe is he's Championship bound to Swansea then? Or is that just because LW is there now.
    L2 to the Championship is a huge step up.
    Mullin and Langstaff are clearly different players, but saying Macca does little apart from score is massively wrong. He's one of the hardest-working strikers I've seen at Notts and constantly defends from the front. LW changed him from a winger/forward to a striker, so he has plenty of strings to his bow.

He's a great goal scorer clearly, but beyond that he does very little from what I've seen.
    In that case, you've seen very little because nobody works harder for the team than Macauley Langstaff. That's what has endeared him to fans as much as his goals. He never stops running and closing down defenders but his main job is to get in the box when we put a cross in. And when we do put a cross in, despite his work off the ball he gets on the end of many of them.

I'm not sure he would either. As we set up now that is. We play Fletcher/Palmer or Dalby with Mullin.

He's a great goal scorer clearly, but beyond that he does very little from what I've seen (that might not be fair as I don't see him every week), so the role alongside Mullin, well I don't see it.

The general vibe is he's Championship bound to Swansea then? Or is that just because LW is there now.
    You're posts are normally sensible but literally everything about this post is plain wrong, even the bit about him being "Swansea bound" Luke Williams made it clear this wouldn't happen. Personally if he does leave I think he's nailed on for Peterborough.

"Langstaff doesn't do much else" Apart hassle and press defenders all game long to the 100th minute, no he doesn't do much.

I'd say it's highly likely he'll be heading to Swansea in the summer but not in this transfer window. There is clearly a clause in the Williams leaving contract that doesn't allow him to poach our players. Lets put it this way he'll be playing in a higher League tham Mullin next season.

Macca's problem is that he doesn't seem to score many/any goals when the big games are televised. So all people see who don't follow Notts, is a centre forward who isn't flash and doesn't score goals on the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Macca's problem is that he doesn't seem to score many/any goals when the big games are televised. So all people see who don't follow Notts, is a centre forward who isn't flash and doesn't score goals on the TV.
    Or falls over at a touch, or manufactures fouls without conscience. Probably the most blatant "cheat" I have ever seen (the annoying thing is the refs are so out of touch and ignorant of such things that he gets away with it). But apart from that he seems a nice bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Or falls over at a touch, or manufactures fouls without conscience. Probably the most blatant "cheat" I have ever seen (the annoying thing is the refs are so out of touch and ignorant of such things that he gets away with it). But apart from that he seems a nice bloke.
    This sounds like you are talking about Langstaff - are you being serious?

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    This sounds like you are talking about Langstaff - are you being serious?
    It's a continuation of the post I quote from lullapie (Macca doesn't do those things unlike Mr Mullin).

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    It's a continuation of the post I quote from lullapie (Macca doesn't do those things).
    You could have made it clear that you were talking about Mullin

Page 27 of 59 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast