+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    and all that just for one guitar string? Well I never......
    You have no idea how I earn my living. My Ebay business is one small part.

Good news that you have to sing in the Go West song style

Together we can make it through

Together we know what to do

Together we will be just fine

Together if we tow the line

We're free in about 12 days

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Politicians never wear them on the TV, would jazz up the briefings a bit with Boris with a mask on talking like Bain.
    I meant Bane.

Mike Pence is in trouble for not wearing one in a hospital, maybe politicians think it makes them look silly or scared, like when Harriet Harman wore a bullet-proof jacket to visit one of her local chip shops.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Good news that you have to sing in the Go West song style

Together we can make it through

Together we know what to do

Together we will be just fine

Together if we tow the line

Germany already talking about going back into lockdown after relaxing their restrictions so it's not looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    I was going to put this on a new thread but if you mention virus it ends up in here anyway...
    Although, unfortunately, I don't possess a full head of hair, the bit thats still growing could do with a trim.
    Ive researched on the net for a decent diy hair trimmer and found a Remmington that fits the bill but as you can imagine they
    are in demand at the moment. Normal price at Argos £29.99 . Asking price on line is going as high as £150 quid !!
    Due to the situation I would imagine other Madsters trimming their own hair. What do you use ?
    Lincs, just picked up on your post. I've been using WAHL hair trimmers for at least 20 years. Purchase a new one each year, as the blades do go blunt by then. Always from Argos like you say and for about £30 a pop. I manage 95% of it myself and the good lady finishes the rest off on the back that I may have missed.

I've saved hundreds of pounds over the years as I use to and still do, cut my hair on average every 7-10 days.

Lincs, just picked up on your post. I've been using WAHL hair trimmers for at least 20 years. Purchase a new one each year, as the blades do go blunt by then. Always from Argos like you say and for about £30 a pop. I manage 95% of it myself and the good lady finishes the rest off on the back that I may have missed.

I've saved hundreds of pounds over the years as I use to and still do, cut my hair on average every 7-10 days.
    Daughter is a dog groomer and Wahl are the ones they use. The machine itself lasts several years and are run for about 5 hours every day. They just purchase new blades at around £10 each.
    The motors are designed to run for long periods and are more industrial than the human ones and the blades are different too. except the fine blade will cut human hair, which they use on yorkies.

Congratulations to Boris and his partner on the birth of their baby boy
    Not best time for anyone to be giving birth

Snap Brin, I cut my own hair, our lass finishes it off.
    Years back we had a bloke in our club that cut his own hair with scissors & the use of mirrors, his hair was 2 different lengths at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Congratulations to Boris and his partner on the birth of their baby boy
    Not best time for anyone to be giving birth
    Call him Covidus?

Or more conventional Stephen which means "crown" like "corona" does.

And congrats and to Dale Tonge and partner who had a baby girl two days ago.

Dale Tongue as he was always named on here
    Last edited by great_fire; 29-04-2020 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    You have no idea how I earn my living. My Ebay business is one small part.
    Geet it was a joke, lighten up pal

Page 28 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast