+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: Fishal Sevco match thread

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Saturday was the first time that we've played "them" down there. No weakening on this, please.
    Well said.

Leave the weakening to the Evening Express

Decided to have a look at the highlights and actually feel a bit better now. I don't feel we played as bad as I thought we did at the time. We managed to create a few chances but as usual we didn't capitalise on them. Looking at tomorrow night with a bit more confidence now.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Decided to have a look at the highlights and actually feel a bit better now. I don't feel we played as bad as I thought we did at the time. We managed to create a few chances but as usual we didn't capitalise on them. Looking at tomorrow night with a bit more confidence now.
    From what I saw – one decent chance in the first half (Stockley, well saved), one very good chance in the second (Stockley shocker) and then a goal which was so late, it mattered little.

Sevco had a great chance in the first half (Wallace), scored twice, and then had a couple of late chances – one well defended by Reynolds and another great save from Lewis.

Essentially – we were deservedly beaten by a poor side who apparently were stung into action due to excessive media criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by CoveKreep View Post
    From what I saw – one decent chance in the first half (Stockley, well saved), one very good chance in the second (Stockley shocker) and then a goal which was so late, it mattered little.

Sevco had a great chance in the first half (Wallace), scored twice, and then had a couple of late chances – one well defended by Reynolds and another great save from Lewis.

Essentially – we were deservedly beaten by a poor side who apparently were stung into action due to excessive media criticism.
    We were awful... Not as bad as at Hampden the week before but in my opinion still awful. How many shots on target did we have, we don't look like a team that wants the ball at our feet. McInnes thinks we were the better team box to box....what kind of rubbish is that to say when you can't defend properly and don't shoot at goal very often. But hey, we are better in the rest of the park!...absolute nonsense. We were second best again in Glasgow!

Quote Originally Posted by CoveKreep View Post

I said it made me feel a bit better, we were still sh*te. Didn't see it on highlights but I remember Maddison getting through on goal a couple of times only to snap a few tame shots straight at the keeper. Missed chances, story of our season so far if you ask me. Still, I've changed my mind about Killie imorn and I think we will beat them easily.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Still, I've changed my mind about Killie imorn and I think we will beat them easily.
    Not much chance of that happening....we very seldom beat anyone easily.

Red John away for a lie down min.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus79 View Post
    Red John away for a lie down min.
    I will lie down to no one my friend.

He is fannying out with the team far too much. Our best eleven with players on form is a match for anyone and would have beaten that lot on Saturday. Such a missed opportunity there. The defence and keeper with who we have available should be Lewis - Logan - O'Connor - Considine - Shinnie. It should be Jack and Storie as the sitting two. Hayes and McGinn on the wing and Maddison just off Rooney. Ideally we need good cover for McGinn as he is knackered.

If McInnes was sacked tomorrow, the first thing the new manager would do would be to sort the defence out. If Del can just see sense we'll be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmntr75 View Post
    He is fannying out with the team far too much. Our best eleven with players on form is a match for anyone and would have beaten that lot on Saturday. Such a missed opportunity there. The defence and keeper with who we have available should be Lewis - Logan - O'Connor - Considine - Shinnie. It should be Jack and Storie as the sitting two. Hayes and McGinn on the wing and Maddison just off Rooney. Ideally we need good cover for McGinn as he is knackered.

If McInnes was sacked tomorrow, the first thing the new manager would do would be to sort the defence out. If Del can just see sense we'll be ok.
    I think Considine is a bombscare - Slow as a week in the jail and prone to lapses in concentration.
    Maybe from the current squad he'd be in, but looking ahead, we need a centre half (at least one) as Taylor will be gone in the summer in all likelihood.
    A centre half and a strong centre mid desperately required.
    Mind you, I've been saying that for 18 months and still waiting!

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast