+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 and the Media

I've been in Brum since 1959.😳

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    According to the DT someone’s worked out the final standings for the top divisions on a PPG basis.

Obviously Liverpool would finish as Champions. More interestingly perhaps, Wolves, Arsenal and Spurs would miss out on the top six but Sheffield United would finish 6th...what a great season they’ve had. Wolves too, if Man City’s ban is upheld, so still hope for recently promoted sides.

In the Championship...we’d finish 12th, while Leeds, WBA and Fulham would take the top three spots and Forest would have finished...oh, who cares about them anyway?
    At the bottom, last season’s three promoted sides, Charlton, Luton and Barnsley were deemed the teams to be relegated and replaced by Coventry, Rotherham and Wycombe...so generally three easier away journeys and I can’t recall ever seeing Wycombe Wanderers in ‘the flesh’ before.

Seems about right to me, although I’d prefer them to have worked it out on home and away ppg rather than just existing general ppg which is what I think they’ve done.

Haven’t studied it all and don’t intend to, but from what I do know...Liverpool were beyond ‘odds on’...Leeds and WBA we’re unlikely to miss out again and 12th is about right for us given our away form and the dire straits we were in at one point.

P.S. Joining us from the Prem would be Bournemouth, Villa and Norwich.
    If they're going to do some kind of made up end to the season with 9 games to go, why don't they add the teams results from the last 9 games to their current total?

Then teams like villa who have 10 games left, at their last 10 results?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    According to the DT someone’s worked out the final standings for the top divisions on a PPG basis.

Obviously Liverpool would finish as Champions. More interestingly perhaps, Wolves, Arsenal and Spurs would miss out on the top six but Sheffield United would finish 6th...what a great season they’ve had. Wolves too, if Man City’s ban is upheld, so still hope for recently promoted sides.

In the Championship...we’d finish 12th, while Leeds, WBA and Fulham would take the top three spots and Forest would have finished...oh, who cares about them anyway?
    At the bottom, last season’s three promoted sides, Charlton, Luton and Barnsley were deemed the teams to be relegated and replaced by Coventry, Rotherham and Wycombe...so generally three easier away journeys and I can’t recall ever seeing Wycombe Wanderers in ‘the flesh’ before.

Seems about right to me, although I’d prefer them to have worked it out on home and away ppg rather than just existing general ppg which is what I think they’ve done.

Haven’t studied it all and don’t intend to, but from what I do know...Liverpool were beyond ‘odds on’...Leeds and WBA we’re unlikely to miss out again and 12th is about right for us given our away form and the dire straits we were in at one point.

P.S. Joining us from the Prem would be Bournemouth, Villa and Norwich.
    Sorry...wrong thread!

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...twice-11981721

Well this will definitely help things.

I wouldn't be surprised if folks get an all clear/safe card issued sooner or later. That means we can attend footy matches again \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...twice-11981721

Well this will definitely help things.

I wouldn't be surprised if folks get an all clear/safe card issued sooner or later. That means we can attend footy matches again \o/
    It will also mean that less people will need vaccinations. The high proportion of people who have contracted the virus, won't need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    It will also mean that less people will need vaccinations. The high proportion of people who have contracted the virus, won't need them.
    Well its good news for you Rammy.

You can now go down the street shouting I'm "virus free" with a clear conscience.

Ooooops sorry, I forgot I wasn't supposed to let that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Well its good news for you Rammy.

You can now go down the street shouting I'm "virus free" with a clear conscience.

Ooooops sorry, I forgot I wasn't supposed to let that out.
    You've lost me there??????

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    1. There is no vaccine
    2. IMO there won't be one as I have explained in the past
    3. Have they actually worked out yet if those already infected and recovered have any immunity at all, be that partial/full and/or permanent/temporary?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    1. There is no vaccine
    3. Have they actually worked out yet if those already infected and recovered have any immunity at all, be that partial/full and/or permanent/temporary?
    It was on skynews yesterday, that those who have had it, are highly unlikely to contract it again.
    Don't ask me the odds, I don't know,

There was a comment yesterday, that until 70% of the worlds populations have had it, it will remain a risk. That could take 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    1. There is no vaccine
    1 and 2, vaccines are already being tested on humans with results in late June or early July. The pharmaceutical companies are gambling on them being successful by already commencing production. I would imagine that the first mass vaccinations won't happen until the autumn at the earliest.

3, scientists are now confident that once you have recovered from the virus you will be immune.

This will lead to people first taking immunity tests and possibly be issued with an immunity passport. Those who fail, will then be given the vaccine and then could be issued with a vaccine passport.

Once in possession of either passport, you will allowed to attend controlled events, like football matches.

Page 28 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)