+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Dons v Huns roll call etc

I was told they were going to do it so i didnt put the game on until a few minutes after kick off.

F’uck paying in to watch that s’hite.
    I couldn’t promise not to boo it.
    Just as well the stadium was empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I think Hoban might come in at LB, I’m sure he played there before. If not Hayes at LB and mcginn in front of him. I think Edmonson could work quite well alongside Anderson - hopefully they get a shot together, but I can’t see it with so many midfielders and wingers needing a game.
    Yeah he played left back against Burnley at Pittodrie.

I like him but I would rather he played at centre back and play Hayes at left back.

It’s actually embarrassing that we don’t have a left back at the club.

This is McInnes 8th season as manager and we are still persisting with a centre back playing left back and our only other option is to play a winger at left back.

Even when we have had left backs at the club he has played them in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Yeah he played left back against Burnley at Pittodrie.

I like him but I would rather he played at centre back and play Hayes at left back.

It’s actually embarrassing that we don’t have a left back at the club.

This is McInnes 8th season as manager and we are still persisting with a centre back playing left back and our only other option is to play a winger at left back.

Even when we have had left backs at the club he has played them in midfield.
    Playing slight Devils Advocate I’m sure if it wasn’t for COVID-19 we’d have signed Greg Leigh permanently.

I’d rather Jack MacKenzie was given a chance at left back rather than see Considine lumbering up & down the line, clipping aimless balls up the line.
    He’s a semi decent centre half.
    He’s not a left back FFS.
    Modern day full backs are seen as good going forward.
    Considine is the polar opposite.

Well unlike the more optimistic punters on here I’m still finding it really difficult to pick out any real positives from today.

Lewis - Very little to do but didn’t look too convincing trying to punch away a corner and also with Hagi shot that just went into side netting
    Hernandez- Still to see the potential others are seeing. Didn’t look confident to me.
    Taylor & McKenna - very little to do but no communication for the goal
    Considine- ump**** punts up the line and red card killed the small bit of momentum we were building towards the end
    Hayes-Better than most but passing is still as poor as ever
    Ferguson-can’t remember anything he did in the game. Poor.
    Bryson-as per Ferguson.
    Kennedy-huffed and puffed. Would have liked to see him go at his man more often.
    Ojo-one of the most pathetic all round midfield performances in memory. How he lasted 78 minutes is an utter disgrace. DM must be pumping his missus
    Anderson-no service and no chance if you’re getting high balls pumped at you against 2 giants

Subs
    All did ok when they came on. Surely big changes ahead for next week.

Haven’t renewed my season ticket and today absolutely justifies that decision

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeScum2012 View Post
    Well unlike the more optimistic punters on here I’m still finding it really difficult to pick out any real positives from today.

Lewis - Very little to do but didn’t look too convincing trying to punch away a corner and also with Hagi shot that just went into side netting
    Hernandez- Still to see the potential others are seeing. Didn’t look confident to me.
    Considine- ump**** punts up the line and red card killed the small bit of momentum we were building towards the end
    Bryson-as per Ferguson.
    Kennedy-huffed and puffed. Would have liked to see him go at his man more often.
    Ojo-one of the most pathetic all round midfield performances in memory. How he lasted 78 minutes is an utter disgrace. DM must be pumping his missus
    Anderson-no service and no chance if you’re getting high balls pumped at you against 2 giants

Subs

McInnes will likely bring in the subs that came on.
    I expect Hedges McGinn & Edmondson to start next week.
    I have a feeling he might try & play 3 at the back.
    Hernandez & Hayes as wing backs.
    He likes to match up the opposition & over think it at times & apparently St Johnstone played a 3-4-3 so I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    McInnes will likely bring in the subs that came on.
    I expect Hedges McGinn & Edmondson to start next week.
    I have a feeling he might try & play 3 at the back.
    Hernandez & Hayes as wing backs.
    He likes to match up the opposition & over think it at times & apparently St Johnstone played a 3-4-3 so I heard.
    Every time he overthinks it/plays 3 at the back we’re a shambles and it gets changed after half an hour. I’d go 4-4-2.

Lewis
    Logan Taylor McKenna Hayes
    McGinn Ferguson McGeouch Kennedy
    Anderson Edmundson

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeScum2012 View Post

Bryson-as per Ferguson.

Subs

Am I the only one that think Ferguson is a tad overrated? Maybe he does his best work off the ball, that a soccer Luddite like I wouldn’t appreciate.

Went for a 20 mile cycle after the game to let off steam and yet I’m still fizzing, 4 hrs later, although why I expected anything different, I don’t know.

Probably even worse today than 2 years ago when we fluked a draw. So much for the brave new dawn although I’m sure we all knew that was a sales pitch and therefore a load of sh1t.

6 players over 30 in our squad, 4 of them 33, 3 of which are attacking.

I thought Hayes was way off it today and as for Kennedy......

Ojo?? Don’t get me started..

Only positives were that we limited Sevco to very little chances but that’s a given at home. Hernandez was getting blamed on the BBC at the goal for being too far up the park but otherwise he looked ok as did Taylor.
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 01-08-2020 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    The Americans will fire McInnes. Their influence over Cormack will be shown soon enough if this type of performance continues. Aberdeen are trying to portray themselves as forward thinking....McInnes doesn’t fit into that category in a business or football sense. He is a goner.
    No chance and he wont quit either

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    No chance and he wont quit either
    Would you quit if you were in his shoes? If any McInnes fan was watching today then they'd surely (sorry, I know you hate being called Shirley) have realised that he hasn't got a clue...Bruce Anderson up front, never mind let's pump it up to the 5'8" guy anyway, you never know we may pick up the second ball if our midfielders are up and about him...as if!

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast