+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    Even if he doesn't go to Oxford, it is clear that it is only a matter of time before he leaves. The rate of attrition is huge at the moment and there are so many opportunities out there that he is bound to take one of them sooner or later.

Soooo.... who would people like to see as a replacement? Kalle Karlsson seems to be doing a good job at Västerås SK. Worth a look?
    Based on what happened after Sirrel and Allardyce left Notts Autumn-time with the club going for promotion, I hope we don't promote the assistant.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Based on what happened after Sirrel and Allardyce left Notts Autumn-time with the club going for promotion, I hope we don't promote the assistant.
    Think he will probably go with him

At the start of the season I thought no chance to a League 1 side but the noise seems to rising to suggest there is some truth in it.
    It feels so disconcerting that someone from looking outside in looked like he had fell in love with the club and vice versa I can’t remember in recent times so much affection towards a manager at Notts’s could leave in little over a year to not exactly a massive club.
    I get they’re doing well, I get they are well ran and financially backed but they get smaller gates than Notts and he’s under pressure asap and with no credit in the bank.
    If he goes I will wish him well but with a slight bitter taste in the mouth if I’m totally honest but let’s see what happens.

If he goes then my first choice would’ve been Mike Williamson(?) from Gateshead who has unfortunately joined MK Dons…..didn’t he turn us down once already too?

Interesting to know that we couldn’t make him stay if he does leave. Are the owners not too worried, don’t want to stop someone leaving if they’re not fully committed…..or are managers/head coaches finding the limited recruitment input or lack of financial clout ultimately difficult to accept.

Could all be rubbish of course, but sometimes the silence can be telling. My money is on him staying, but I’m also in the camp of being interested to see who we would turn to next if ‘it’ happens. Never thought we’d be a feeder club for Oxford bloody United!

Wasn't Wilkinson Sirrel's assistant? I thought he did OK.. but there were others and I can't remember who they were. I was only little.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    If he goes then my first choice would’ve been Mike Williamson(?) from Gateshead who has unfortunately joined MK Dons…..didn’t he turn us down once already too?

Interesting to know that we couldn’t make him stay if he does leave. Are the owners not too worried, don’t want to stop someone leaving if they’re not fully committed…..or are managers/head coaches finding the limited recruitment input or lack of financial clout ultimately difficult to accept.

Could all be rubbish of course, but sometimes the silence can be telling. My money is on him staying, but I’m also in the camp of being interested to see who we would turn to next if ‘it’ happens. Never thought we’d be a feeder club for Oxford bloody United!
    I think not standing in someone's way makes us more attractive at the moment. An up and coming coach will see us as providing a strong platform to showcase their skills and move up the ladder. If we move up a rung ourselves each time then we will increasingly become more difficult to move away from... and attract more proven coaches (potentially lower risk).

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    Wasn't Wilkinson Sirrel's assistant? I thought he did OK.. but there were others and I can't remember who they were. I was only little.
    No, it was Fenton who took over when Sirrel left in 1975.

Wilkinson was promoted to Team Manager when Sirrel became DOF in 1982, though the job titles may have been different at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post

This degrading of Oxford needs to stop tbh, it was the same when Ruben left.

Oxford are a progressive club, with very wealthy owners and a squad packed full of players on 6k+ a week.

It’s a squad that is perfect for his style, and it’s a lovely place to live.

They’re also looking at building a new training complex and a stadium that will cost £100 million.

Yes historically we are the bigger club, but that means very little nowadays.

Football is all about money.

A triple whammy? Pinched from the OXO forum:

"Bring it on. That’s what excites me most. Langstaff and Rodrigues playing under Williams at his new club, Oxford.
    I reckon Langstaff could be our first million player".

No, it was Fenton who took over when Sirrel left in 1975.

Wilkinson was promoted to Team Manager when Sirrel became DOF in 1982, though the job titles may have been different at the time.
    Ahh - it didn't mean much to me at that time. As long as I had my stool to see over the wall at the corner of the Kop and County Road, I was happy. I used to count how many matches I watched that we won, lost and drew, but it didn't go any further than that. I used to know the players, but as far as I was concerned they worked like we did at school - we got into a huddle before the game and decided what we would do!

Page 28 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast