+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy League 2021-2022

I think I might be the most serious player - last night I dreamed that one of my major players was out for the rest of the season. For some daft reason, I believed he really was, I went to transfer him out, this evening, and was very confused when there were no flags by his name. Ended up checking media pages just to be sure! I'm such an idiot! Hopefully not a Sam style premonition.

We are all super-competitive with our teams - that's part of what makes our little league such fun. It would be boring if no-one cared.

Sam, to be fair to Bongo, I did wonder if you and Harry were working together to co-ordinate your teams (I nearly asked you ), kind of a team A and team B, if you like, so I can see where he was coming from ...

As for Gavin, this league is for VM Madders and their friends and family, and as Gavin is your friend, he is welcome, despite giving me lots of tactical headaches at the moment! It would be lovely if he registered to join in the banter, and would be made welcome, as would all friends and family.

Sam, don't you dare leave the league - I need to get back to being your nemesis!

I love all our VM league and hate fall outs, but I must admit that when I was doing the write ups this would have given me sooo much material.

Keep well everyone xxx
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 22-03-2022 at 10:30 PM.

I just had a flashback to playing fl in my first season. Very first week, Bongo accused Brendan of copying him and all hell let loose!

That brought back memories. Brendan was fuming until Dazzy kindly became the piece maker. Im feeling bad now, i didnt mean to p off Sam.

I can’t believe there’s a better FL than the Villa Mad league solely down to the amazing updates and reporting of Rosie and Winnie before her. Their fantastic effort must not be undermined. The more the merrier I say. No one’s leaving. Save your battles for the pitch not the keyboard and may the best person win.

👍

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    That brought back memories. Brendan was fuming until Dazzy kindly became the piece maker. Im feeling bad now, i didnt mean to p off Sam.
    Bongo, I was chuckling to myself as I remembered that spat It was so ridiculous even Brendan was laughing at himself once Dazzy pointed out the obvious! Miss you Bren! Sam's a big grown man with a sense of humour and I'm sure he'll be fine once he's finished his team sheets for his 3_million teams. Joooke!

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    I can’t believe there’s a better FL than the Villa Mad league solely down to the amazing updates and reporting of Rosie and Winnie before her. Their fantastic effort must not be undermined. The more the merrier I say. No one’s leaving. Save your battles for the pitch not the keyboard and may the best person win.
    Aww thank you Picasso! You know, later on that evening, I thought, I didn't mention Rosie's updates!

I think we've had 10 seasons of updates now between us. They just started as jokey updates for Dazzy, when he was struggling to login to the fl, and it's so lovely that they are still going. Rosie is absolutely amazing, carrying on with them, week in week out, sometimes giving us two in a week, despite her recent health battles. It makes a difference to the writer, that their efforts have been read and enjoyed, so please don't just read and run, people - the banter really makes a difference and gives the writer more to say

I appreciate the updates so much more now I am not doing them. When, I was, it was the people who made it special for me. The characters, and the friendships that have been made with people, for the most part, we have never met

Just a thought regarding numbers. Family and friends are welcome but if we could keep it to people we are close to, partly to retain the intimacy of our league, that makes it fun and meaningful and also to spare a thought for the writer. The updates take time and they need to be manageable. I understand the rules were changed by those who started the league, as they deemed it would be more fun to know who we are competing against. And it is.

Thank you Rosie for being brilliant and thank you all for making this league the bestest one! It's the only one I am interested in.
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 24-03-2022 at 06:35 PM.

I have actually got 2 new players in, it worked but it's too late! Still, all the better for next season eh.

Ha ha well done Dave! . Never too late, there is still a relegation battle that needs fighting! Go Dave!

Unbelievably 8 years ago does anyone remember this blast from the past The Fantasy League Cup. 🏆

Read all the posts to appreciate it. 😛🤪😝😜

Bongo hasn’t changed 😛😜🤪😝

HJ’s responses where brilliant.

https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=35813984

Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)