+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Shrewbury Town FC 01.12.23 [FAC R2]

It is a lovely sentiment, and all supporters would want 100% effort, 100% of the time but in reality it never works like. Or even close to be honest.

If the view is that the team selection by the coaches amounted to the club not taking the competition serious (or taking the piss) then that is fair enough, it was a much changed side and far from our strongest. However, I doubt many were surprised by the team selected for 2nd round of the FA cup.

As for the players, the question for me is was there effort from the players who were selected? Was there the usual good, bad and on this occasion ugly performances that we have seen in many matches over the years?

Quote Originally Posted by thefulltenyards View Post
    It is a lovely sentiment, and all supporters would want 100% effort, 100% of the time but in reality it never works like. Or even close to be honest.
    So which players that you've seen haven't given 100% effort?

If the view is that the team selection by the coaches amounted to the club not taking the competition serious (or taking the piss) then that is fair enough, it was a much changed side and far from our strongest. However, I doubt many were surprised by the team selected for 2nd round of the FA cup.

As for the players, the question for me is was there effort from the players who were selected? Was there the usual good, bad and on this occasion ugly performances that we have seen in many matches over the years?
    What do you mean "We have seen" I didnt think you could watch the game on the radio...

I do agree with this post. There has to be a balance spread across all fixtures in all competitions and it is the managers task to weigh up the odds and select his best team for each fixture (which cannot be the 100% I think "He who shall remain Nameless" refers to). Apart from the ridiculous goals we held them (could have beat them) with a team selected with an eye to not risking key players for the main task this season, the league! Judging by the comments posted LWs selection was vindicationed by the performance of the attacking play (but completely undone by the defence). As nice as the ££s are for progressing in a competition, the league has to come first for us this season. In all reality we should understand this conundrum and make our choice to attend or not based on that premise.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    In all reality we should understand this conundrum and make our choice to attend or not based on that premise.
    That's not my gripe, I would still have attended whether we played a strong or weak team. I guessed it could well be a weakened team, but I was disappointed that it was. I actively encouraged playing the weakest team we could in the EFL Trophy, because it's a tainted competition.

The FA Cup is different, I was hoping we'd give it a go.

I do agree with this post. There has to be a balance spread across all fixtures in all competitions and it is the managers task to weigh up the odds and select his best team for each fixture (which cannot be the 100% I think "He who shall remain Nameless" refers to). Apart from the ridiculous goals we held them (could have beat them) with a team selected with an eye to not risking key players for the main task this season, the league! Judging by the comments posted LWs selection was vindicationed by the performance of the attacking play (but completely undone by the defence). As nice as the ££s are for progressing in a competition, the league has to come first for us this season. In all reality we should understand this conundrum and make our choice to attend or not based on that premise.
    That being so, they should have just charged a fiver for admission. At least we would have known for certain where the priorities lay.

It is great to know that so many people on here, have no trust in LW doing what he thinks is best for the club, as that is what their comments amount to.
    The irony is, that the likelyhood is, the players responsible for the three goals, would still have been in a full strength team including Macca, Crowley and Jones. Didzy being unfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    The irony is, that the likelyhood is, the players responsible for the three goals, would still have been in a full strength team including Macca, Crowley and Jones. Didzy being unfit.
    The real irony is it has taken this dog's dinner to stop certain posters making endless excuses about an obvious issue that is a season and a half old (and that's probably only because LW has held his hands up and said he is scratching his head how to stop the brain farts).
    I paraphrase by the way.
    Last edited by SmiffyPie; 06-12-2023 at 06:54 PM.

The real irony is it has taken this dog's dinner to stop certain posters making endless excuses about an obvious issue that is a season and a half old (and that's probably only because LW has held his hands up and said he is scratching his head how to stop the brain farts).
    Well it wasn’t an issue last season I think we had the 2nd best defence with Wrexham behind us who had spent an absolute fortune on theirs and didn’t play expansively.
    They are struggling with his season with the step up and we need to bring a couple in, it’s as simple as that for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    It is great to know that so many people on here, have no trust in LW doing what he thinks is best for the club, as that is what their comments amount to.
    You must have an honours degree in twisting words. Are there really "so many people on here, have no trust in LW doing what he thinks is best for the club", or is that what you've decided to think in your very strange world? I have full trust in Luke Williams doing what he thinks is best for the club, but I think he got this one wrong.

It's pretty much the first time I've ever been critical of him.

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast