+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burchnall Out!

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    I think it's a great appointment, but I wanted to be the first to start the thread...
    Chances are you'll be right in the end. In the past forty years I've only seen Sirrel, Wilkinson, Allardyce be poached and Cotterill and Mark Cooper voluntarily leave, maybe Hans Bakke although we couldn't afford to pay him so he had to leave too.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I certainly will. On current performances, would you select them?
    On current performances, probably not. But those current performances are now past performances. The slate is wiped clean for Burchnall, so who he picks is secondary to how he gets them to play for me. I think Doyle and Turner can still be be an asset if we play to their strengths, and my big criticism of Ardley was that he didn't get the best out of his squad. I'm hoping Burchnall will turn that around, so in my opinion it's more about how we play rather than who he selects.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    I did think 🤔 about starting one, but didn’t have the nerve. I must admit I wasn’t expecting the change. Not overwhelmed by the appointment, just because we’ve been here so many times before. I suppose I would have expected a change when the new owners came in, or at the end of the season. Looks to me like they think promotion is out of reach, and want to start building for next season. If we get an upturn and squeeze in this season then great.
    I think the new manager has a great opportunity and if he's any good, promotion is still on.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Chances are you'll be right in the end. In the past forty years I've only seen Sirrel, Wilkinson, Allardyce be poached and Cotterill and Mark Cooper voluntarily leave, maybe Hans Bakke although we couldn't afford to pay him so he had to leave too.
    Warnock?

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Warnock?
    Warnock was sacked in January 1993 (IIRC) when history looked like repeating itself and we were looking at a double relegation from the top division to division three - an arrest halted by Mick Walker.

My memories of the double relegation season in 1984-85 are very hazy, but on paper it seems odd that we collapsed so dramatically that season. I assume it’s because Dunnett wanted out and wasn’t putting the money in any more?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I dont think picking the players was the problem.i think it was how they were instructed to play and in what system.
    We shall see..
    Yes we shall, I think you're right though. Different manager, different style.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Agree with your sentiment Mike, we have been here so many many time before...And everytime we change a manager it reminds me of the lyrics to a Jimmy Ruffin song...I've Passed this Way Before...

Life lends a crushing blow
    And once again a heart is broken
    And as history repeats itself
    These few words are sadly spoken
    I've passed this way before
    And I've felt this pain before
    A hurt that took so long to end
    Has found my poor heart again...

Sorry

Oh and if this guy wants to play attacking football and give the youngster a try, he should go fetch Sam Osbourne back, ( just my opinion of course )
    Love the lyrics. Is that the new club song?

I expected NA to be sacked if he did not achieve promotion this season. I make the same offer to IB and he has my full support in the meantime 🙃

It it too generous to give him till the end of the 2022/23 season, unless results for a considerable period are truly awful?

That would 1 & 1/3rd seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    It it too generous to give him till the end of the 2022/23 season, unless results for a considerable period are truly awful?

That would 1 & 1/3rd seasons.
    The new coaching team are here for 4 years. I am sure the owners have provided an idea of where they see this great club. It was alluded to last night on the Facebook Q&A about the project. Mo compared the project to that at Rangers. Results didn’t really pick up for Gerrards first 2 seasons but in the end they have had one of their greatest seasons of recent times. Patience paid off.
    As long as there is ‘positive indicators’ through the process that’s all that they feel matters.

Well that's the plan anyway. I hope they are given time and the fans are patient if it's a slow start

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast