+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EFL Finals

Fair play to Crawley and Scott Lindsey. They were predicted to go down by many pundits ect. Most of their squad was signed from Non-League, it just goes to show the quality you can find down there if you look hard enough.
    Last edited by Kyle95; 19-05-2024 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    Fair play to Crawley and Scott Lindsey. They were predicted to go down by many pundits ect. Most of their squad was signed from Non-League, it just goes to show the quality you can find down there if you look hard enough.
    They are the team for us to emulate next season. Play football the right way but understand that you still need good defenders and a sound keeper to win a game. We just completely neglected the ugly side of the game last season. Very pleased for Crawley - and also that Crewe didn’t go up. Their fans were a real pain when they won at Gresty Road last November.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    When we lost the strange game at Crewe's place I really didn't think they were a good team and was waiting for them to fall down the table. That never happened but they are very limited (and yes, nasty). I still don't know how they've managed to inhabit the top 7 all season.

Crawley are a blueprint for what we need to do. I don't think they have anything we need to be envious of in attacking positions, but stick a 6 foot 6 commanding keeper, a couple of defensive upgrades and a little bit more pace and physicality in other positions and we'll be there.
    Didn't see the final but saw them demolish MK and, yes, they should be the blueprint for us. They seemed to play with a lot more space at the back because they weren't playing such a high line with the ball. When we go higher with the ball there has been less incentive for other teams to come out to us because, essentially, they're already there. But they do move the ball beautifully and at pace (and probably @rse about with it less than we do). The MK match was a good watch.

Great first half Leeds v So'ton. 0-1 at HT.
    I like the way Russell Martin's side stood up to Leeds' strong start. They've played some lovely stuff.

Happy with that, good to see a manager who instills an attacking identity take a team up.

That could well have been us IF we had a manager who knew what he was doing..

The final was between the teams that finished 6th and 7th in the league. Crewe had won only one of their last six matches and Crawley only one of their last five and scraped into the play offs due to Barrows end of season collapse taking only 2 points from a possible 18 costing Wild his job. Funny old game.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    That could well have been us IF we had a manager who knew what he was doing..
    I’m inclined to agree with this. A lot is said about player recruitment but manager recruitment is far more important. Crawley recruited a lot of players from NL? Says a lot really, are those players much better than what we have….or just organised better?

Would anyone fancy Notts getting a result in a ***** playoff game with Maynard in charge? I feel more IB about him than LW. I appreciate what the club are doing, they’ve done some great work, but I’m not feeling confident with our current managerial setup taking us into the new season.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I’m inclined to agree with this. A lot is said about player recruitment but manager recruitment is far more important. Crawley recruited a lot of players from NL? Says a lot really, are those players much better than what we have….or just organised better?

Would anyone fancy Notts getting a result in a ***** playoff game with Maynard in charge? I feel more IB about him than LW. I appreciate what the club are doing, they’ve done some great work, but I’m not feeling confident with our current managerial setup taking us into the new season.
    Don’t think anyone’s confident with them at the moment, he’s going to get a fair crack of the whip at it with the owners and we’re going to see what happens, fingers crossed we might be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Don’t think anyone’s confident with them at the moment, he’s going to get a fair crack of the whip at it with the owners and we’re going to see what happens, fingers crossed we might be surprised.
    I'm skeptical too, based on the evidence to date, but I'm resolved to go into the new season with an open mind. Fair to say Maynard will need a good start though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast