+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last Pre-season game. Away v Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Cafu scores 2nd with free kick. Then their keeper saves Hugill penner
    Gru put black spot on hugill earlier by saying he is assured from the spot.!.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Keeper cheated he came off his line before the ball was kicked. If that was in the league you would be very angry that it wasnt retaken.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post

Best to miss them in a friendly! Hall crocked? Know I said I wasn't going to mention him but need to keep McCart. Morrison he's another who could be out more than he's playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Adventus2012 View Post
    Keeper cheated he came off his line before the ball was kicked. If that was in the league you would be very angry that it wasnt retaken.
    Yes it looked like he was and yes id be angry because most officials would turn blind 😡😂

Good day out, weather fine, nice club and ground, parked in the Plough pub car park on Newark road, great pub with garden looking down into the River Witham and then a steady mile + up to the ground, bussed it back for the car.

Fairly mundane first half capped off with a great goal from Ollie who was back to his very best ! Hall went down and was immediately replaced going straight down the tunnel, we have seen that before ? Pelts was playing on the left hand side of the back three and looked fit and athletic and had a very good 60 mins or so. Also today we had players on the right hand side at last, not sure what to make of them yet Fred played first half and looked to have so much more in the tank to unleash when he gets the confidence to go at them ? replaced in the second half with the Wolves lad ho was bursting a gut round the park, going to take a few matches to sort these lads out ? Who plays and who plays where !
    Honestly think we are going to need a better striker than the two on show today to enable us to get in the top half ( why not ) Cafu showcased his talent Ben Wiles was much more involved that before ! Morrisons commanded the defence when he came on, Bramall much the same but got a couple of dangerous crosses in today.Humphries was his usual consistent self, three very good goals as well today ! Oh have I mentioned how good Cafu was ?
    Last edited by MILLERSTALE; 29-07-2023 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Good day out, weather fine, nice club and ground, parked in the Plough pub car park on Newark road, great pub with garden looking down into the River Witham and then a steady mile + up to the ground, bussed it back for the car.

Fairly mundane first half capped off with a great goal from Ollie who was back to his very best ! Hall went down and was immediately replaced going straight down the tunnel, we have seen that before ? Pelts was playing on the left hand side of the back three and looked fit and athletic and had a very good 60 mins or so. Also today we had players on the right hand side at last, not sure what to make of them yet Fred played first half and looked to have so much more in the tank to unleash when he gets the confidence to go at them ? replaced in the second half with the Wolves lad ho was bursting a gut round the park, going to take a few matches to sort these lads out ? Who plays and who plays where !
    Honestly think we are going to need a better striker than the two on show today to enable us to get in the top half ( why not ) Cafu showcased his talent Ben Wiles was much more involved that before ! Morrisons commanded the defence when he came on, Bramall much the same but got a couple of dangerous crosses in today.Humphries was his usual consistent self, three very good goals as well today ! Oh have I mentioned how good Cafy was ?
    Good report, Millerstale - thanks.

Good report for that thanks can’t remember feeling this optimistic this time of year I know all fans do at this time and come next Saturday if a defeat materialises at Stoke will probably be somewhat deflated but as they say it’s a marathon not a sprint I’m particularly impressed by the methodical process that seems to go into the recruitment we seem to be attracting “good people” sound familiar? but also good players who ok aren’t household names at this level but seem to have considerable experience of it. I know we haven’t got an out and out goalscorer but have a feeling the goals will be shared around again much like last year
    As a side note don’t know if anyone else agrees but I cannot honestly see where Billy Sharp would fit into the team other than as an impact sub the only slight concern seems to be with the central defence injury record but I guess their experience between them/nous will be ***** maybe another centre defence signing would be a good idea if we’re being greedy 😀

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Good report for that thanks can’t remember feeling this optimistic this time of year I know all fans do at this time and come next Saturday if a defeat materialises at Stoke will probably be somewhat deflated but as they say it’s a marathon not a sprint I’m particularly impressed by the methodical process that seems to go into the recruitment we seem to be attracting “good people” sound familiar? but also good players who ok aren’t household names at this level but seem to have considerable experience of it. I know we haven’t got an out and out goalscorer but have a feeling the goals will be shared around again much like last year
    As a side note don’t know if anyone else agrees but I cannot honestly see where Billy Sharp would fit into the team other than as an impact sub the only slight concern seems to be with the central defence injury record but I guess their experience between them/nous will be ***** maybe another centre defence signing would be a good idea if we’re being greedy ��
    Some good points uttis.The Billy Sharp saga needs pulling from the table and throwing in the bin.I'm beginning to wonder if he'll retire after all but then again I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign for someone next week but let someone else have the task of getting him integrated and match fit by the end of October!

Wasn't there yesterday take in what's been said by who was. Pelts can only be cover at right back he's no centre or wing back. We only have Hugill good enough up front couldn't understand why McGuckin wasn't involved yesterday. If Green signs we still need another forward either with some height or pace.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast