+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who goes who stays?

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    We are starting to look through rose tinted glasses already and with seriously short memories.
    With the exception of Gray, Joseph, Ampadu and rodon, and maybe gruev, the rest can all fo.
    As for Russell Martin having us sussed, wasn't it the job of our manager to unsuss things and maybe suss Martin out. Only for the lads Pukie and Benudedia or whatever, Farke would be a nobody.
    Top teams are being linked with the Leicester and Ipswich managers, don't hear of any top teams being linked with, supposedly the most experienced manager in the championship.

Ps. I am still fk off and will be for some time.
    You are hiding it well.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not an "interesting" few weeks, there are several existentially threatening ones ahead. We have very little genuine "dead wood" amongst the playing staff (until the likes of Aaronsson, Kristensen etc return), and those who want out as I've said, will go come whatever the club does. It's more v i t a l that we clear out the sh1te that has infested those levels of management who have little or no tactical naus, and further up the management chain those who can't see that chnage is essential when all the supporters can. Top to bottom there is a root and branch clear out required, but as I have said before, the 49-ers Enterprises have not the single faintest idea as to what they are doing, nor how to make whatever it is that they see as their "vision" (whatever that might be, as I for one have no idea what it is) realised. If you have no target, you have no chance of hitting it.
    I'd say 49'ers are hands-on & daily involved but as of yet don't interfere unduly, unless you've heard different ?

What they don't know about English football's inner-process then they've defo put the right football people in place who do know 'tho, imo.
    Hammond did a good job as the transfer guru in our rushed summer rebuild & left Farke to ok all final signings in limited time all within an agreed budget.

I read in the New York Times they are ok with Farke’s style of management which is strict & he only relies on his Head of Performance Chris Domogalla to read the riot act behind closed doors if players aint doing the biz on/off the pitch with hefty fines dished out if agreed 'personal-plans' are not adhered too.

The 49'ers cannot fault Farke’s decision to ban Gnonto from first-team training after he made it clear publicly he wanted Leeds to accept bids for him from Everton & 49'ers did'nt cash in that sour episode either.
    Same again with his decision to isolate Sini while the arrogant Colombians Agent tried to publicly demonstrate to Leeds his contract legally entitled him to leave ER in which all club officials managed that situ well too.
    The Cresswell’s "dissatisfaction" at being Farke’s 4th choice central defender episode too was dealt swiftly with, so Farke has picked his fights carefully but he picked them all the same for reasons not always known publicly & 49'ers let him do it when cash offers were certainly in for Charlie too at that time.

So unless the 49'ers chase the Philosopher Graham Potter (again), it looks like Farkes 3 years contract rundown aint in doubt yet as they obviously like the "cut of his jib" & appreciate that he does'nt often talk himself into trouble with the meddling media shenanigans always lurking around ER corridors looking for an exclusive story from disillusioned personelle.

Moreover, to this point the 49'ers have heavily backed him within tightish-purse strings too, so as a whole they're not gonna press the panic button yet with a call for expensive mass recruitment to a squad Farke specifically asked for from them, are they ?

Each to their own views of course but personally this setback Play-off loss has just kinda faded away outta my system.

Maybe its an age related phase of being a Leeds Utd fan nowadays just suffering from a syndrome caused by lowered expectations ?

For me, I still do care about my team but those "heady heights" of expectations have maybe gone as one puts all life into perspective.
    Possibly football wise cos the PL, FA Cup etc is now not the same or more likely it's probably just a new form of an un-diagnosed fans dose of the 'Golem effect' inflicted upon certain football clubs. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    We are starting to look through rose tinted glasses already and with seriously short memories.
    With the exception of Gray, Joseph, Ampadu and rodon, and maybe gruev, the rest can all fo.
    As for Russell Martin having us sussed, wasn't it the job of our manager to unsuss things and maybe suss Martin out. Only for the lads Pukie and Benudedia or whatever, Farke would be a nobody.
    Top teams are being linked with the Leicester and Ipswich managers, don't hear of any top teams being linked with, supposedly the most experienced manager in the championship.

Ps. I am still fk off and will be for some time.
    Trust me, this is a serious question old chap. But who exactly would be your choice to take on the role? And of course based on the players we currently have now.
    I thought he really should have replaced players 10 minutes into the 2nd half...because it was obvious those players on there weren't going to turn their performance around in the remaining time! Also critical of the style of play at times..but I will never fully exonerate the players of their fair share of blame like some do on here. For the life of me, I just can't picture Farke standing in the dressing room before the game and saying to our attackers..."if you get near their penalty box, you MUST NOT take defenders on! Please hold up and pass back to seomeone else." 🤔 No manager will get results if the players are half a#sed....simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Trust me, this is a serious question old chap. But who exactly would be your choice to take on the role? And of course based on the players we currently have now.
    I thought he really should have replaced players 10 minutes into the 2nd half...because it was obvious those players on there weren't going to turn their performance around in the remaining time! Also critical of the style of play at times..but I will never fully exonerate the players of their fair share of blame like some do on here. For the life of me, I just can't picture Farke standing in the dressing room before the game and saying to our attackers..."if you get near their penalty box, you MUST NOT take defenders on! Please hold up and pass back to seomeone else." 🤔 No manager will get results if the players are half a#sed....simple.
    Surely not purely down to the players. It’s been an issue for weeks and if a player is ignoring instructions then they can be subbed.

Farke is a decent coach but not sure he will ever be a great coach. He has a way of coaching and system that works in the championship over a season and seems to be based pretty much around on possession and waiting for a chance to appear. High possession stats are part of his defence system - if they have the ball for on 33% of the game then less chance for them to score.

Where he seems weaker is one on one match ups or reacting to what goes on in a game. Not convinced by player development and rotation.

He is a solid coach but not very inspiring - Russell Martin’s post match interview was great and if I were a player listening I would love it.

Everything seems a little too harmonious and Stepford Wife’s if you listen to some of what Farke says and be seems to stamp on any alternate view all the time which isn’t always healthy.

I still have a problem (without saying Cresswell was blameless) over the Cresswell debacle coupled with something similar seems to have happened with Spence. Don’t think Cresswell played a single league minute after than notwithstanding Struijk’s injury which seems petty and small minded.

Wilkinson wasn’t soft but his man management of challenging players like Batty was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Surely not purely down to the players. It’s been an issue for weeks and if a player is ignoring instructions then they can be subbed.

Farke is a decent coach but not sure he will ever be a great coach. He has a way of coaching and system that works in the championship over a season and seems to be based pretty much around on possession and waiting for a chance to appear. High possession stats are part of his defence system - if they have the ball for on 33% of the game then less chance for them to score.

Where he seems weaker is one on one match ups or reacting to what goes on in a game. Not convinced by player development and rotation.

He is a solid coach but not very inspiring - Russell Martin’s post match interview was great and if I were a player listening I would love it.

Everything seems a little too harmonious and Stepford Wife’s if you listen to some of what Farke says and be seems to stamp on any alternate view all the time which isn’t always healthy.

I still have a problem (without saying Cresswell was blameless) over the Cresswell debacle coupled with something similar seems to have happened with Spence. Don’t think Cresswell played a single league minute after than notwithstanding Struijk’s injury which seems petty and small minded.

Wilkinson wasn’t soft but his man management of challenging players like Batty was excellent.
    You probably need to read it again mate. Definitely never said it was totally the players fault. Farke was equally to blame....and pointed that out with my downside points. And I didn't say he should be here for certain next year either. But simply responding to the comment that Farke was totally to blame. That's a fecking cop out for mine... But each to their own.

As much just venting what I think not having a pop at you 👍🙃.

Predictably frustrating. a good induction for any kids at or watching the game what it is to be Leeds I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    As much just venting what I think not having a pop at you 👍🙃.

Predictably frustrating. a good induction for any kids at or watching the game what it is to be Leeds I guess.
    👍 I think everyone that was involved need to step up and take some blame that's all. This may be a harsh call...but one good performance over the last 6 weeks or so in crucial games = some players being "PL pretenders". 🤔 Anyway, we shall see who is still on board over the coming weeks. ☺

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Ah no bother oz mate. I'd take a page out of tottys manual and go for Potter.
    Serious question for you too, do you really think that no other manager was capable of achieving what Farke did this season. How were we ever outthought and outfought by the managers of the lesser teams, managers whose names I can't even remember now. I don't understand the infatuation with Farke when, perhaps, any of those lesser managers could have done a better job.
    I don't actually know how Farke can raise the players again after the final disappointment, he seems so soulless and unpassionate.
    As regards our attackers not taking defenders on, and as you say half arsed, then why are they even on the pitch, and who picked them and kept them on.
    But anyway im sure everyone is sick of me harping on about Farke, I know I am, and won't mention him again, so im resigned to another season of tippy tappy sideways football.
    But I tell you boy, I tell you (rab c nesbits words, not mine) 😄 if we're not top of the table by end of November, i'll be getting my harp tuned up again .
    MOT.

Certainly agree with you that he could well be gone by November if we haven't met expectations. I don't defend him enough to say he is the answer! 😀
    I'll highlight one of your important words though..."perhaps"...when saying what other managers "might" have achieved in the same situation. Bielsa looked like being the next legend in status...but even that turned sour! There has been a lot of supposedly top dogs in the PL that have failed too. If Farke goes...and so be it...I'll predict right here and now, an avalanche of criticism for his successor if we don't finish top 2 next season. Regardless of how high profile they are. Because that's the expectation...and what our fans do! 😁
    Oh, and on our attackers, they were there because they tore Norwich a new a#hole in the previous game. Surely they had to be there from the start, with the high hopes they would continue on? Well I would have started them anyway, and don't think many on here would have done any differently. Till they choked that is, and then off early 2nd half! 😐 Which he failed to do....

Certainly agree with you that he could well be gone by November if we haven't met expectations. I don't defend him enough to say he is the answer! 😀
    I'll highlight one of your important words though..."perhaps"...when saying what other managers "might" have achieved in the same situation. Bielsa looked like being the next legend in status...but even that turned sour! There has been a lot of supposedly top dogs in the PL that have failed too. If Farke goes...and so be it...I'll predict right here and now, an avalanche of criticism for his successor if we don't finish top 2 next season. Regardless of how high profile they are. Because that's the expectation...and what our fans do! 😁
    Oh, and on our attackers, they were there because they tore Norwich a new a#hole in the previous game. Surely they had to be there from the start, with the high hopes they would continue on? Well I would have started them anyway, and don't think many on here would have done any differently. Till they choked that is, and then off early 2nd half! 😐 Which he failed to do....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)