+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City Post Match Thoughts

Great opportunity thrown away - not much to add but hard to see any further points on the board for us. A real boost to the other clubs around us knowing we look like we've shot ourselves in the foot. Late Cardiff goal sank us once before.....

A few seasons in L1 looking more likely unless someone else emulates us

Boro game could end up a turkey shoot

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Got to blame MT for that starting line up, don’t care what excuse is it was just stupid

Cardiff weren’t even that good but we was just rubbish

Wasn’t a pen either, outside the box if owt but no surprise the ref just couldn’t wait to give it, justice done though but a shame the lads weren’t good enough tonight

Coventry motm
    Coventry motm…..?…seriously,I thought Matty palmer was back playing for us.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I have left the ground before feeling, dejected, elated, disappointed etc but tonight I am f@cking furious!

We are in a relegation dogfight and you bring on two of the daintiest players I have ever seen: Fosu and Quina, who gave us no bite in the middle of the park and no height at corners.

I get why he took Rathbone off, he was running on empty but surely you replace him with Ferguson, who can press and chase and cross a ball.

I didn't expect Wiles to be match fit but I did expect him to show desire. The kid is sulking. It was an abysmal attempt at a performance.

I think tonight Taylor' s ego and arrogance cost us. He wanted to win with his players, his choices, not the best players available. He has to go if we go down.
    Wiles is no where near fit and shouldn't have been on the bench, he came on and was 2 yards behind the pace of the game, he cost us the 2nd goal, had an easy chance to pass the ball out for a corner and played it across his own goal for gods sake. Great player but another poor substituation, where was Odiffin and Kioso better with a young lad that is fit than Wiles as sub. It was a huge mistake not to have a call back clause on mcCart you cannot tell me that he would be worse than some of the crocks MT has brought in. Fosu in central midfield is like playing my Mrs, nobody that knows about football would do that in a game like that. I am livid, angry and fed up with seeing us fail to scrape a good result in the last few games of a relegation battle, bloody cardiff doing it to us twice on the trot.

we are relying on players who are unreliable…

Well done Cardiff, the better team won. I actually thought we gave it a good go against a superior team. Another five minutes and it's a creditable point.
    I have to keep reminding myself that other teams are fielding players that we can't afford in our dreams. In fact given Cardiff's appalling debt, they can't afford their players either.
    Not criticising the club, we pay our bills and live in our means. If that means third division football, so be it.
    I see future problems for quite a few clubs in this division.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    It was a huge mistake not to have a call back clause on mcCart you cannot tell me that he would be worse than some of the crocks MT has brought in.
    He was only loaned out in January so we couldn’t have a recall clause. Any player leaving on loan in January has to go until the end of the season, you can’t call them back.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I have left the ground before feeling, dejected, elated, disappointed etc but tonight I am f@cking furious!

We are in a relegation dogfight and you bring on two of the daintiest players I have ever seen: Fosu and Quina, who gave us no bite in the middle of the park and no height at corners.

I get why he took Rathbone off, he was running on empty but surely you replace him with Ferguson, who can press and chase and cross a ball.

I didn't expect Wiles to be match fit but I did expect him to show desire. The kid is sulking. It was an abysmal attempt at a performance.

I think tonight Taylor' s ego and arrogance cost us. He wanted to win with his players, his choices, not the best players available. He has to go if we go down.
    ibs, why can't he see what we as paying fans can? Surely he knew two size like kids weren't going to effect that game with Cardiff's players as physical and fast as they were? I simply cannot believe his choice of team, set up and subs tonight, I really can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    He was only loaned out in January so we couldn’t have a recall clause. Any player leaving on loan in January has to go until the end of the season, you can’t call them back.
    Thanks for clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ibs, why can't he see what we as paying fans can? Surely he knew two size like kids weren't going to effect that game with Cardiff's players as physical and fast as they were? I simply cannot believe his choice of team, set up and subs tonight, I really can't.
    In his post match he admits they were too physical for us and he says he knew the players he put on would weaken us in that way. Yet again using the same phrase, not enough quality. So if Fosu and Quina, weaken the team and don't have the quality why the F are they on the bench and bought on instead of fergie and leo, all I am hearing from him at the moment is excuses, they were on the same points as us it wasn't a top four team, had too much to drink I am off to bed now

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Brin, have you heard his postmatch interview. He says we couldn't match Cardiff's physicality. OK so why bring Fosu and Quina on?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast