+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where will we finish next year

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    I think he is doing an excellent job and speaks well. Who knows how much strategy there is what he saying to bluff teams whose players we want.

He is part of the team that keeps Bielsa happy which seems to be no mean feat. He also spoke of improving the quality of the reserves too and that he expected a few - he name checked Drameh, Gelhart and Summerville - to get some game time.

Pretty clear that they are being cautious to make sure we don’t overreach.

Of course he is going to e plain the commercial stuff as he is the CEO and that is his role.

Like Angus an awful lot.
    Well I hope your are right and it's a smoke stream. Still have some hope after all our best signing for years came in the last day.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    All I'm saying is if and if. Can you imagine this team without Bamf and Phillips at the same time not to mention the always injured Spaniard and the continuing none improvement of the likes of Rod? It may happen and may not. The problem with us is we're not a top 5 or 6 team and really good players maybe not be interested in signing. For a chairman to come out that the club is not interested and rather stick to what we have. I would rather not know that as I don't believe the squad we have can improve anymore as they have given it all.
    True but goes for other teams too - L’pool we’re poor without van Dijk and City looked poorer without de Bruyne

When players get injured it provides opportunities for others too.

Think Phillips is the one player we struggle to cover - Rodrigo, Rapha or JG could cover for Bamf.

That is partly a function of how good KP is though.
    Last edited by hopelesslyoptimistic; 10-08-2021 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    True but goes for other teams too - L’pool we’re poor without van Dijk and City looked poorer without de Bruyne

When players get injured it provides opportunities for others too.

Think Phillips is the one player we struggle to cover - Rodrigo, Rapha or JG could cover for Bamf.

That is partly a function of how good KP is though.
    Agree about Phillips, personally think Rodrigo is a class finnisher - better than Bamford, would like to see Bamford in the 10 role and Rod in the 9 to see how it works - would also confuse the opposition don't you think?

Yup I think if they switch and mix iit up will confuse teams. bamf looked as though he may have put on a bit of muscle and looked very fit and sharp in the pre season games. He seems to want to get to 20 goals this year which would be awesome.

Think Rapha, Dallas and Rod will chip in with more goals and hope the real Klich turns up too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)