+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance prediction vs. Halifax Town 14.09.19

Notts 0-0 Halifax

Both sides play typical Fullarton total football and neither manage a shot at goal all game.

3-0 to Notts, which is also the score the last time we faced them in 1973. Despite them being in the league since 1921, our paths never crossed until 1958 - and then we played them 22 times over 15 years, being undefeated 16 times.

Our goals on Saturday will come from Dennis, Wootton and Enzio, with 4,783 in attendance. “Super Notts” will echo throughout the land and I will ask the doctor to prescribe me some more of the same pills.

Crazy to think that our first 3pm home Saturday match will arrive on September 14, at the sixth time of asking.

Also, what’s the most surnames-which-are-also-first-names we’ve ever fielded? We could pick Dennis, Rose, Thomas, Graham, Tyson and Kelly(-Evans) on Saturday, for example.

Notts 2 Halifax 1

The fact that Halifax have twice as many points as Notts concerns me a tad! - Actually, a draw would not be a bad result

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    The fact that Halifax have twice as many points as Notts concerns me a tad! - Actually, a draw would not be a bad result
    Said Ardley to his players before the match.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    3-0 to Notts, which is also the score the last time we faced them in 1973. Despite them being in the league since 1921, our paths never crossed until 1958 - and then we played them 22 times over 15 years, being undefeated 16 times.

Our goals on Saturday will come from Dennis, Wootton and Enzio, with 4,783 in attendance. “Super Notts” will echo throughout the land and I will ask the doctor to prescribe me some more of the same pills.

Crazy to think that our first 3pm home Saturday match will arrive on September 14, at the sixth time of asking.

Also, what’s the most surnames-which-are-also-first-names we’ve ever fielded? We could pick Dennis, Rose, Thomas, Graham, Tyson and Kelly(-Evans) on Saturday, for example.
    Dennis and Rose sound like a lovely old couple.

Pies 4 Halifax 2

Pressure slowly building on NA and he sends out an attacking outfit.

Att 5,003

HT Notts 3-0 Halifax: Booty sets up Dennis for an absolute blinder three times on the trot
    FT Notts 3-10 Halifax: Booty and Dennis substituted for the tea lady and a spare corner flag, Halifax take advantage of this

Ardley plays 4-4-2 but in a stroke of tactical genius, plays every single player out of position:

Goal: Doyle
    Def: Boldewijn, Wootton, Howes and Dennis
    Mid: Tyson, Thomas, Tootle and Turner
    For: Graham, Bird

Fans: 7.52bn (0.01bn away)

I love the black humour, but Les Bradd's utterances about cameraderie being the best since the 70s and having our club back have given me more hope than anything I've read in a long time. I don't doubt he's genuine, and that means something.

I'm going for 3-1 to Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by RarePie View Post
    HT Notts 3-0 Halifax: Booty sets up Dennis for an absolute blinder three times on the trot
    FT Notts 3-10 Halifax: Booty and Dennis substituted for the tea lady and a spare corner flag, Halifax take advantage of this

Ardley plays 4-4-2 but in a stroke of tactical genius, plays every single player out of position:

Goal: Doyle
    Def: Boldewijn, Wootton, Howes and Dennis
    Mid: Tyson, Thomas, Tootle and Turner
    For: Graham, Bird

Fans: 7.52bn (0.01bn away)
    I agree with this totally. Apart from the fact that the tea lady is in Rhyl this weekend for a cross stitch convention.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast