+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tommy Lawton Interview

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Quite right, the world has never heard of Robin Hood.
    I know, all those thousands of tourists flocking to visit Maid Marion Way every year. But go on, tell me how Nottingham is marking/monetising its past.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dug Out View Post
    I used to have many chats with Tommy in his later years, shared many, many pints with him in the Oakleigh Lodge, & Scots Greys in Bulwell.

He was diddled, as he used to call it, first at the Magna Carta then the episode of the Horse & Jockey in Bulwell Market, that was the last straw for him, it skint him.
    In my days of knowing him he never asked for anything, he was alway a true gentleman in every way & blamed no one else, he just used to say i've been a bit of a fool at times.
    A true icon.
    Oakleigh lodge that brings back memories, I lived near there before I got married and was a member for over 25 years. Horace, Jack and Gary Pilkington on the committee. Some of my mates still go there and one of them runs the place now.
    George Smith the old Notts keeper used to go in to visit his sister before emigrating to Australia and old Seth from Emmerdale. often visited.
    I was last in there about 8 months ago on a Northern Soul night. Happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I know, all those thousands of tourists flocking to visit Maid Marion Way every year. But go on, tell me how Nottingham is marking/monetising its past.
    Wasn't Maid Marion Way famous for being voted the ugliest street in Europe?

Ah yes: https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/...mments-wrapper

Is that an Austin 12 (HTV 344), if so learnt to drive in one of those (1939 model)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123