+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: O/T Give Blood if you can!

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Just put your hands at the side of your head and give it a wobble.
    Wow!

I seem to be in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Wow!

I seem to be in your head.
    You are giving out info as not to take vaccines, you might end influencing ifsomeone takes your advice, I uploaded some to Facebook for some reviews.

The shortage isn’t helped by this:-

While people from all communities and backgrounds do give blood, fewer than 5% of blood donors who gave blood in the last year were from Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities, despite representing around 14% of the population.

Blood Donor website - Sent me messages 2 days on the trot, asking for me to give blood.
    Fly home tomorrow dinnertime, so I will book a appointment, when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    The shortage isn’t helped by this:-

While people from all communities and backgrounds do give blood, fewer than 5% of blood donors who gave blood in the last year were from Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities, despite representing around 14% of the population.
    Why do you think that donors from minority ethnic communities are under represented, Grist?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Why do you think that donors from minority ethnic communities are under represented, Grist?
    No idea, there's probably a host of reasons.

Needs work though considering we have a shortage

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    No idea, there's probably a host of reasons.

Needs work though considering we have a shortage
    Blimey. We agree

Just booked in
    NYS on 25th July

Should be able to pick my ST's up at the same time
    Last edited by BramleyMiller58; 13-06-2024 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Just booked in
    NYS on 25th July

Should be able to pick my ST's up at the same time
    Brammers, same here pal 25th July, afternoon session though so I hope you've not scoffed all the biscuits by the time I get there...

Last two donations have been at the Holiday Inn on Bawtry Road but I've just been told the next one there isn't while November so the NYS it is then. This will be my 50th donation. I so wish I'd have donated more in the past and not let it slide like I did.

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    Been today to donate my Platelets as usual, I've done 314 donations, But they couldn't take it today as the Docs have put me on Aspirin.
    So they said i may be able to give whole blood instead, then after speaking with a doctor, they said I couldn't do that either.
    As much as they need it my 50 years nearly of donations have now stopped. I must admit I almost had a tear in my eye when i left the Donor Centre in Sheffield, The lasses there have become friends.
    Jake that's an amazing achievement, very well done indeed!

You should be immensely proud of how many people you have helped over all those years.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast